Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

devex
Adept I

Display and Mouse Lag with AMD Drivers

Hey there,
For quite a while now, I have been using a Laptop with built in AMD Graphics without the drivers. Because of one simple reason, with the latest drivers available to me I get insane display and mouse lag. To the point where my computer is unusable with them installed.

I have read a couple of other articles with people who were experiencing the same issues, and I have seen no fix even after years after. In fact, nobody has even solved the issue. Including AMD themselves.

From the few completely usele4ss fixes I saw, it said disable any hardware montoring program I have active. I have never installed a hardware montioring program before and even went through every single process on my computer to see if I had something similar to that running. Nothing was there, nothing out of the ordinary.

Is there any way to fix this? Or is it just not possible. If so, what can I do?

Before anyway replies "Can't be fixed, buy a new PC" bare in mind that is not an option at the moment, I spent a large amount of money on this laptop a couple of years ago and don't really want to buy a new one until the future

My Specs:

8GB Ram

AMD R5 Graphics
AMD A8-7410 APU
Windows 10 64 Bit

​Thanks in advance,

11 Replies

I do that... And it gives me the issue I stated...

kane_kz
Journeyman III

I has this problem too. For now use drivers ver 17.4.4. It could help maybe.

And your notebook is HP ?

Yes it is.

0 Likes

Ok so i have this problem too i have a HP 15 f205dx

it started from update 17.7.2 onwards

I installed 18.2.1 today but i get the same problem

I tried launching the problem report wizard in radeotn settings but i keeps on giving me an error saying that the program cannot start because the qt plugin is missing in windows

This has been a major problem for alot of people updating their amd drivers past 17.4 please fix

0 Likes

SAME EXACT PROBLEM

0 Likes

Devex could you please go to your manufacturers website and see if you have the latest bios installed? if not try updating the bios then try and install latest amd drivers if it fixes the problem then it is bios related

dm92
Journeyman III

Similar problem, help please

same problem, i know that are the drivers, without driver i dont have the lag. im thinking unistall and just donwload msi afterburner, is impossible use this pc with this LAG!!

0 Likes
nizotata
Adept I

Finally found a solution which worked after trying everything that everybody mentioned everywhere on the internet ..... just install latest drivers , go and disable all the Performance Monitoring Parameters (RADEON Settings - Gaming - Global Settings  - Performance Monitoring : disable FPS , GPU Util, GPU Engine ... RAM ) , you will notice a slight difference , but what makes the very big difference is :

(RADEON Settings - Display - Pixel Format : change it to RGB 4:4:4) ............... there you go .... your mouse is back to normal ...

Abhishek101
Adept I

Hey! Devex, I'm having the same problem even in 2021. I have an AMD Radeon R5 M330, AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics, have you fixed it?

0 Likes