cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zsolesz20030925
Journeyman III

Amd overdrive make my cpu bad because i play games downclock it self

I overclocked my laptop but not helped to much I deleted every thing but my cpu downclock it self while I play games. How can I reset or set to default?

Somebody Can help me please.

0 Likes
9 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

what driver version you using atm & whats your operating system. As atm Windows 10 Creators update is casuing havoc with the AMD drivers been here done that. Roll back to a couple older driver updates as they are much more stable atm as the latest AMD driver is clocking wattman quite high atm. If you using 10 i just about recomend if you use cc cleaner do a registry clean redownload an older driver to a usb flash drive & download DDU as well. Boot to safe mode use DDU with a registry clean Then reload older drivers leave running for a week or 2 to make sure the drivers & running stable. Bugs in the system between Creators update & AMD drivers atm. I have had 3 Hard drives get nuked by creators update making the AMD drivers a horrible mess. I am on a desktop running older drivers from 3 months ago as mines been down for 2 weeks. Hope some my advise helps i prety new to AMD software but been programing & building & working with PC for years so i do a lot of problem solving. Laptops are a specialty i use to work on alot of them & know a few little tricks

0 Likes

Use system restore to a point before you overclocked.

Further questions? Please supply > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

I would recomend not to OC if your using 10 atm as part the issue is OS dependant atm i have found with mine. I am only just going stable for about 4 days now finally wasn't fun abusing the driver team till i found my issue. ! recommendation is a clean install of your OS best & safest way. I hate doing it but was worth it to get all my builds up & running properly. The spetere & meltdown has scrambled microsofts updates atm throwing bugs around. I had to do a clean install on 2 & going to have to on another stepsons in a week or 2 as 1 hard drive which is storage isnt registering properly.

0 Likes

I reinstalled but not working.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

hmm weird whats you operating system you havnt mentioned it. I found atm it OS related with alot of the issues with mine & a few others found its been creators update messing with things. Am here to try help mines stable 4 days running on fresh windows 10 install older AMD drivers so its running stable. To scared to update video card drivers atm. My issue was after a fresh install ran stable for 3 days then wouldn't boot past the post screen took me about a week before i got it properly sorted. Tho a lot is driver related between Microsoft & AMD any ideas i can give may help i ended up going threw every idea on google Tomshardware & even AMD forums with the driver team help before mine came right. Tho i dont recomend abusing AMD on facebook it worked tho got me the help i needed, tho i am putting it down to 10 creators on hard drives atm need to run 10 on SSD for best results as a clean install for everything to work properly i found. Which i got 1 more at my house i need to switch to SSD as i know its due to drop soon tho Microsoft updates have been paused atm so it doesn't drop

0 Likes

The op has not posted enough information. Where do you see he has Win10? The poster says his CPU...not GPU is downclocking. I suspect it's a APU.

Do you know how to system restore?

Use system restore to a point before you overclocked.

Further questions? Please supply > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

hasnt stated tho i probly think it maybe 10 causing the issue. Just throwing a few ideas around & with 10 atm system restore is hit of miss atm why now i recomend to reload a fresh OS & try again eleimantes a few issues on the spot downloading fresh motherboard drivers while your there & wipes any bloat or crapware that can effect the OC. Try not to run after burner with amd software can bug & throw the OC out to locking it. I worked on alot of Laptops in the past & know a few helpful tips & tricks tho more info be handy to have solve this problem. OS be handy to know & specs of the laptop etc so i can try help or explain a few more tips & tricks.

0 Likes
zsolesz20030925
Journeyman III

I tried not worked.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Specs of your Laptop please will help a lot more what i said to try is the first thing i do to bugged Windows with laptops had it with chipset drivers hidden within the updates. I found tho if running 10 on HHD it nukes them great sortware to weed out dying drives. A longshot would be go buy a brand new 500gig SSD a look at it as if it maybe upgrade. Or find a new Laptop maybe signs its on its way out have had this happen

0 Likes