cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tnttnt
Journeyman III

Cursor Turning from Arrow to Dotted Line

I have a Radeon R9 380 Graphics card and the cursor changes from Arrow to a vertical dotted line. I have read instances of this since 2008, but although the outcome is the same, I am not sure if the cause is.

I posted before, but should have completed the requested info below, and have done so this time.

I believe AMDMatt has suggested the problem would be fixed with a driver update in Feb 2017, but I have just updated to 18.1 and 18.2 and the problem is still occurring. What can I do so the cursor doesn't corrupt, without turning on cursor trails? Wiggling the mouse quickly does not fix the problem.

If AMD aren't sure when the fix is, does anyone know what the core problem is?

The problem is depicted here in the original request and answer in Feb 2017

problem with the cursor

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card

Gigabyte R9 380 2Gb

• Desktop or Laptop System

Desktop

• Operating System

Windows 10 64bit

• Driver version installed

• Display Devices

Samsung T24E390

• Motherboard + Bios Revision

Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5, Bios F10

• CPU/APU

AMD Ryzen 1700

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

Corsair Hx850i

• RAM

16GB

0 Likes
1 Reply

This seems to be an old driver issue as you noted. A couple of people in Reddit mentioned to use Windows Magnifier Glass at 100% which they say fixes the problem as a workaround. here is the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/536eyx/just_installed_my_xfx_480_gtr_my_cursor_is_a/

Copied this from above link:

jininjuice4690K | RX 480 GAMING X 8G 1 point 1 year ago

I also have the cursor bug too. A quick fix is to run Magnifier, change views to fullscreen and 100%. If u want to get rid of it for now, then put your computer to sleep and wake it up and it should gone until it reappears again. Also, 74.7% ASIC quality is below average for a RX 480. When u look at the ASIC quality on GPU-Z, below that it should say "Your card's ASIC quality is higher than XX.X% of similar GPUs in our validation database."

0 Likes