cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mat777
Challenger

I managed to update the BIOS of my motherboard asus the most recent update I test the new driver Adrenalin Edition

I managed to update the BIOS of my motherboard asus the most recent update I test the new driver Adrenalin Edition I have a question is that it's important to update everything  driver motherboard manufacturer VGA-AUDIO-LAN-Wireless-Chipset-SATA- ??   before  the BIOS version of the motherboard annoy 2015 and I have the new version 2017      bios update Improve system compatibility and stability ??

0 Likes
9 Replies

If it was the option to me, yes I would update all those drivers first then run a bit testing for stability. Then update the bios. At least that way if something doesn't run right you know it was the driver or a bios update introducing another issue.

It won't matter if you did it in reverse order either, likely anyway. I just don't like to make several changes at once. Introducing too many variables at once can be hard to troubleshoot.

Yes absolutely Bios updates can fix issues. Many of the biggest stability issues are power, timings, and standards issues that a new bios can fix before a driver even begins to work.

AMD drivers are very much know to need everything updated  Windows, drivers and bios.

Good luck!

thank you for the answer

Hi,

You didn't mention which version of board you have (AMD/Intel processor) or if you are running AISUITE III.
If you are running AISUITE III there is a new version which works with latest Intel/Microsoft Meltdown and Spectre patches available on Asus ROG forum.
Previous versions of AISUITEIII crash if Intel/Microsoft Meltdown and Spectre patches have been applied to your system.
Let me know if you need it I will post the link.

Cheers.

It also bricked Asus AI Suite II, but the last Windows Update seemed have fixed that issue. I was able to reinstall AI Suite II back on my computer again without issue. Asus did update the AI Suite III which is used in its newer boards to work with the Windows Update that bricked both AI Suite II & III.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem to interfere with my GPU drivers. Since it is used to control the CPU and Case/CPU  Fans.

AISUITE III 5 Way Optimisation for Z97 Motherboards will not overclock Discrete GPU but it can overclock Intel iGPU.
I believe it was advertised if you had an ASUS GPU then AISUITE III Fan Expert could be set up to allow optimisation of the GPU Fan Curves.
I know that used to work with ASUS Nvidia GTX 780Ti DIRECTCU II OC 3GB card, provided you set the GPU fan setting to smart fan control.
I have not tested AISUITE III 5 Way Optimisation  with an ASUS AMD GPU to see if that will generate custom fan curve and I do not know if it would work with latest Adrenalin Driver.

Bye.

0 Likes

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H170M-PLUS     Intel Core i3 6100 @ 3.70GHz  

Here is the Asus ROG Support Thread for the latest fixes to AISUITE III for Meltdown/Spectre and other issues.
AI Suite 3 Version 3.00.10 & 3.00.13 - user test/report thread
There are various builds available for download - it is an active forum, updated frequently so you will have to look through it for the latest AISUITE III build.

It looks like the Asus Devs are using the Meltdown/Spectre Bug Fix to look into other issues / aspects of AISUITEIII ... such as GPU Fan Control etc ... from their Users.

Bye.

I have windows 10 64 bit version 1709 .16299.248     thank you for the answer  download the one yesterday is you okay you think .............??................Utilities

Version 1.05.14

2018/02/01146.47 MBytes

Performance and Power Saving Utilities

Fix compatibility issue with the latest Windows updates. Performance and Power Saving Utilities update v1.05.14 patches an issue that resulted in the Windows power plan being forced to “balanced". Note that this patched build only includes the PPSU utility, it does not include other utilities in AI Suite 3.

0 Likes

Hi,

I downloaded and tried the following file: AI_Suite_III_3.00.10. If you cannot find it on the forum I will upload it for you.

It works for me on Asus Z87 Deluxe Dual / Z97 Deluxe NFC & Wireless apart from one issue I found.
ASPowerBar fatals when setting fan control as shown here: colesdav - ASUS AISUITE III Spectre/Meltdown Patch Fix. - Fan Control fatal with Asus PowerBar. Ever...

0 Likes