cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

tkalfaoglu
Adept I

Almost impossible to download the SDK

I tried to download the SDK (2.9)  located at https://developer.amd.com/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/   for a few hours on two different computers.

It usually starts downloading at 200K/sec,  about 3/4 of the way. Then it slows down and finally the browser (firefox, latest) gives a FAILED error.

I tried with or without proxy, from Linux and Windows machines, same results. 

Sometimes it starts to download faster, about 1MB/sec, but the same result. It fails a few minutes later.

It has nothing to do with popup, as I already clicked ACCEPT to start the download.

It has nothing to do with my network, as I download hundreds of files from other sites without issues.

I was able to download the SDK eventually, but it should not take 20 tries to download a 100-something-MB file..

0 Likes
11 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Thanks for reporting it. As I just checked, I didn't face any such problem and I was able to download both the versions at good rate (appx. 500KB/sec). Not sure why it took so long at your end. Might be due to a network or temporary issue.

I've uploaded a temporary copy of APP SDK here: Dropbox - APP SDK  . In case you face such download issue in future, you may try this link to download it.

0 Likes

I am pretty sure the Linux support  of ADL has been discontinued. It would be great if AMD folks can update the documentation to reflect the change. You can use amd/umr - AMDGPU User-Mode Register debugger as a library in its stead. This is a much better alternative in my humble opinion.

0 Likes
Meteorhead
Challenger

Is it only me, or the APP SDK really has vanished completely from AMDs site? Please, the life of an OpenCL dev is hard enough already...

0 Likes

Meteorhead wrote:

Is it only me, or the APP SDK really has vanished completely from AMDs site?

APP SDK is still available and downloadable from it's original page i.e. https://developer.amd.com/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/

For Windows, you can also try the standalone installers mentioned on this post: AMD APPSDK for Windows doesn't download

0 Likes

dipak​ You are aware that there is no link to the APP SDK page on developer.amd.com? No one can actually reach that page who doesn't have it bookmarked or does not stumble upon this forum thread. It's almost as if it is not meant to be found.

0 Likes

I didn't check this page for last few days, so, I'm not sure. As I just checked, the page and downloading links seem working fine. Are you able to download it now? 

0 Likes

The links you sent work fine. What I'm saying is that go to the home of the dev sites, http://developer.amd.com and try to reach the page you linked. APP SDK is not under "Tools and SDKs", and all the links cached by Bing pointing to "OpenCL Zone" and the likes are all broken. Google does find the SDK when searched for, but I think it should be reachable from the developer.amd.com if I click on "Tools and SDKs"

0 Likes

I got your point now. Earlier I thought the SDK page was not accessible. I didn't check that home page, instead used the bookmarked link. So, I didn't realize what you meant to say. I'll check with the related team. Thank you.

tkalfaoglu
Adept I

Many thanks everyone for replying to my feedback.  I was able to eventually download the SDK, but it took some of my hair with it

The missing link question reminded me of the Linux amdgpu 17.70 status; what is the link for its downloads?

Many thanks for a great group..

-turgut

0 Likes
Meteorhead
Challenger

Just wanted to let Windows developers know, I submitted a minimal OpenCL SDK package into Vcpkg and started issuing clMath packages as well. This may be a very good alternative to AMD APP SDK if you are solely interested in the OpenCL development files.

0 Likes