cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

msvojsik
Journeyman III

old AMD chipset driver for windows corrupted (catalyst 15.7.1)

Hi,

the old catalyst installer (version 15.7.1) file is corrupted. Version 15.7 is okay.

Is there any way to contact the webmaster, so they can check/replace the .exe file on server?

0 Likes
13 Replies

Passing along to ray_m

AMD Email Form

0 Likes

Thanks for the link. Unfortunatelly, I'm unable to use the form, it's simply not displayed at all (in firefox on Ubuntu).

amd.png

0 Likes

There is a error/problem on that page...I can't get it either. Try again later. Maybe ray_m​ or amdmatt

0 Likes

What error message came up when you tried to install 15.7.1 that indicated that it was corrupted?

0 Likes

There's no specific error. The downloaded file (amd-catalyst-15.7.1-sb-sata-ahci-win10-win8.1-win7.exe) is only about 1MB in size, although it should be around 50MB.

0 Likes

I was able to download successfully from both AMD Support and Softpedia Link posted by Pokester the 15.7.1 Full Chipset driver. Both downloads had the same size .EXE file of 49.x megabytes.

0 Likes

The AMD site still does not work for me.

0 Likes

The OPS didn't mention his Windows Version but could it be something to do with Windows 7?

0 Likes

Could be, as that is my OS. I tried Chrome and Firefox. I just re-read the original post, and see Ubuntu mentioned......

I hope he is really looking for a chipset driver and not a graphics driver.

0 Likes

If the AMD official link does not work. Softpedia often has old drivers. This a link to the 64 bit of  15.7.1 Download AMD Chipset Driver 15.7.1 for Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 64 bit,...

0 Likes
msvojsik
Journeyman III

Sure, this was about the chipset driver, specifically, it's the file at:

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-15.7.1-sb-sata-ahci-win10-win8.1-win7.exe

0 Likes

Clicked on your link and I was able to download the Chipset successfully. Here is a picture of the Properties of the downloaded Chipset:

0 Likes

I retried it and now it's fine again. Thanks for cooperation.

0 Likes