cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

roquemar
Adept II

Black screen and restarts with 18.2.1

-I have my PC configured to turn off the screen after 10 minutes of inactivity but when I use it again the screen appears in black and then restarts.

- Install the drivers clean using ddu unistaler and windows is up to date.

-My graphics is shapphire rx 560 2 gb.

-Thank's.

0 Likes
6 Replies
plumboby
Miniboss

same problem i had what version of windows are you using i had exact same issue on Windows 10 Pro creators update ended up bricking my build for a week till i could back track my way in. I ended up uninstalling & using my Integrated graphics on my motherboard till i sorted my issue. Check threw all you hardware make sure your PSU is well above 500w as these cards like there juice. Check & make sure your windows power settings arnt throttling back you psu as they do. I am on 17.12.1 Adrenaline drivers atm as the 18.2.1 drivers ran stable for 3 days on a fresh build before i powered down before i icouldn't post to my windows login. Atm the 17.12.1 been really stable for 5 days with windows upto date i am holding off doing any more driver updates atm till these issues correct. Try revert back to the Crimsom drivers might run ok but on my build i have exact same card & was asking heaps to the driver team which got no help from. I was told was my hardware my card was meant to be a dud etc. The funny thing was it would post without drivers installed to windows then drop as sooon as i threw the latest on. So i loaded up the 17.12.1 drivers ran off my motherboard CPU videocard for a few days before i gave my card a go again. The trick i found was make sure you got a decent PSU i am running a 600w + its something with these cards i found to run happy needs a good power supply.

0 Likes

-I have a 750 w generic power supply, a 750 w kloner.

-Previously with other drivers this had not happened to me, it was only when I installed these, I will try in energy options to change the configuration and give the maximum energy.

-I have it since last summer and I have installed several different drivers and it is only with these that I have the problem because I put the 17.2.1 back and the problem does not exist.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

stick with the older drivers much safer to date atm as i am atm. Might be an idea to step away from your generic PSU as usally cheap junk look at investing in a Decent higher end psu that's bronze+ rating with 600w+ going off a base recommendation. I am on the 17.12.1 driver atm no issues run the smoothest its run since i had the card. Any newer drivers with my original PSU was throttling my PSU back. Make sure wattman settings have been bumped up as there been bugs with wattman bumping volts to under or over atm.

I do not know, but I think it is not the source because in games and with high qualities the pc works correctly and there are no restarts nor the screen goes black or I suffer microbreaks which is normal when there is not enough power.

0 Likes

S did not remember, I'm sorry, but the black screen and the restarts are not always, they only happen when the monitor has been deactivated for a long time.

I'm sorry for the size of the letters I'm writing with my mobile

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

disable any sleep settings on windows & on the videocard settings. I disable any sleep settings & wind everthing to full power settings threw OS & videocard wise as i see no point as i pay my power bill. Crank all settings to preformance a lot the issues go away ur PSU is a crude cheap Generic PSU 9 times outa 10 arnt  the best not giving the best optimal volts & amps. Even roll back to 17.12.1 drivers which i am on atm without any issues with 10 PRO upto date. BTW anything on 10 creators updates is casuing issues right now i have experienced all my desktops running into these problems between both brands AMD/ Nvidia. I know the issues u have run into as i had a lot of them tho I eliminated 1 buy putting a decent Brand proper PSU in which fixed a lot of issues. Dont always cheap out on PSU with the new gen AMD cards a lesson learnt just experience as a PC builder programmer.

0 Likes