Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fabb1973
Adept I

RADEON HD 5870 problem with windows updates in windows 7 SP1

SPECS:

Video Card: RADEON HD 5870 2gb (Asus Matrix version)

Driver: non-whql-64bit-nieg-radeon-crimson-16.2.1-win10-win8.1-win7-feb27.exe  (last one for this card)

Mobo: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev 1 (00)

Displays: 1- LG TV through HDMI cable (1920 x 1080 res) + HDMI AUDIO only   2- Samsung SyncMaster T220 through stock connection (1680x1050 res)

Display 2 is the startup system display device.

OS: Windows 7 SP 1 with all actualizations for 2017 through Windows Update with no problems until:

Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, and 4.7.1 updates for Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 (KB 4055532) .......and all updates refered to .NET Framework or refered to display graphics direct or indirect way (I installed several updates all 2017 about .NET in all of its versions and never had a single problem)

* System Restore at point before updating to revert any problem.*

Problem: When system restarts after this updates (or updates related) can´t recognize video driver appearing like never was installed, or was deleted or unrecognized by OS displaying with default min resolution (1024x768), no catalyst panel, no trace of existence of driver in the OS. The rest of the system runs perfect (creative audio, programs, system, modem, archives, etc etc etc)

Solutions tried:

1- Scanned with anti spywares, antivirus updated in deep scan for malware, virus, spam, etc etc etc etc before updating

2- Deactivating all running programs including antivirus before upgrading, with a special tool (Process Explorer) that detects any possible event or program running on system that is not essential for the task

3- Shut down and wait several minutes and start system

4- Restarting several times expecting any error message or fixed startup

Had no problems until that updates, no problems with games, no problems with aplications, updates or HD movies, media, etc etc etc (related to video card or video driver). Performance is great for anything not related to some extra "heavy" ultimate games, nothing else.

Anyone had video driver problems updating windows 7 SP1 with this 5000 series (driver gone after update), specially .NET framework (actual versions)? If that so, could be helpfull the solution.

(no solutions: format system, change OS or change video card).

Thanks for reply

0 Likes
1 Solution
fabb1973
Adept I

Update for the problem related (solved):

Last week windows update pop up and show a different order in sort of updates (and was the same .NET FRAMEWORK updates). Tried the same updates (one by one with restart between them exactly like i did before in description above) and bam! finally no problem when restarting system. Stable until today.

Don´t know what happened or which change or program uninstalled was the factor for sure. The only major change was updating router model (hardware) and net system connection. (Don´t know for sure if could be the cause)

PROBLEM SOLVED

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

Thanks for reply,

There are so much updates that are not necessary and don´t have much hdd space for system to do that.

All . NET framework updates before this had no problems and didn´t have to uninstall the video driver to update windows. There is no new driver to install, this is the last one (that i have installed). Asking if anyone knows that there´s a problem related to video driver and incompatibility with new .NET framework installation (by windows 7 SP1 ) or something like that.

0 Likes

Ok...do what you will. If you want the issue fixed...update your OS.

Radeonsettings.exe - 0xc000007b ERROR

0 Likes

Thanks for reply but is not a solution. Waiting for another knowledge about net framework updates and possible conflict with 5000 series last driver or solution to bypass that problem 

0 Likes

Need to clean your Hard drive of junk and delete any programs you don't use anymore to clear space on your hard drive or purchase a bigger hard drive. Download CCleaner, a free program that does a good job of cleaning up junk from your Hard drive.

Unfortunately, Some of those "Optionals" downloads from Windows Update are vital for the AMD drivers to work. If you don't fully update your Windows 7 it is a good chance none of the AMD drivers you try to install will work. You can prevent drivers from downloading, that doesn't affect your AMD drivers but some of the Optional download may impact on how the AMD driver works.

0 Likes

I mean that I didn't install whole updates like Skype, silver light., mal ware detection tool for windows etc that is nothing related to this problem. I have all updates related to Net framework and never had a single problem. Waiting for knowledge about NET FRAMEWORK and last 5000 series possible conflict or no support for that series

0 Likes
fabb1973
Adept I

Update for the problem related (solved):

Last week windows update pop up and show a different order in sort of updates (and was the same .NET FRAMEWORK updates). Tried the same updates (one by one with restart between them exactly like i did before in description above) and bam! finally no problem when restarting system. Stable until today.

Don´t know what happened or which change or program uninstalled was the factor for sure. The only major change was updating router model (hardware) and net system connection. (Don´t know for sure if could be the cause)

PROBLEM SOLVED

0 Likes