cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bowler
Journeyman III

Display drivers keep crashing

So when I moved I started my computer up and my computer kept black screening so I was what is going on I tried to look it up nothing that worked tried switching the HDMI cable. I figured it was my drivers because sometimes it says display drivers have crashed but has been recovered.

Windows 7

ASUS Z97   

Intel I5-4690K

Sapphire R9 390x

Most update drivers and windows

My monitor is a Hisense TV

700W Corsair PSU

16GB of ram

NOTE

I have tried to call amd support they didn't have nothing he told me "reinstall" my drivers tried that nothing

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies

If it worked fine before you moved, you may have had something come loose in transit. Very common issue. Open your case and re-seat cards and memory. Make sure all cable ends are on snug. Look for anything that might be completely unplugged.

Good luck!

0 Likes

pokestar, I made sure the GPU was snug plugged into the motherboard and the cables to the GPU itself and the PSU there were all correct in their spot.

0 Likes

Check your Windows update history, maybe an update snuck in that you didn't realize since shutting down for the move. There have been several updates in the past couple of months that are known to cause issue, including Microsoft pushing the wrong drivers to AMD products. Much of the time the most recent change is the culprit.

When you reinstalled your drivers did you uninstall the old drivers first or just express re-install over them?

I highly recommend, especially since you are having issues to run DDU Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.3  from safe mode then reinstall the AMD Drivers With Clean Install option.

I have updated windows use the uninstaller and I reinstalled them with the lasted full installer.

0 Likes

Okay but is it better, I hope?

0 Likes

No, it has not been better is not my GPU itself it something with the drivers or something conflicting with my drivers.

0 Likes