cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

scott01
Adept I

Graphics card stopped being used after installing hardddrive

A month ago I got a radeon rx550 graphics card for my pc. It installed and worked fine. Graphics looked amazing. Then a week ago I got a 2tb harddrive and installed it. When we plugged in the tower and started it up I noticed something felt off like the graphics on my desktop didnt look right. I tested it in a game of team fortress 2 it didn't look as good as it used too. Too confirm it I went to a program called Source filmmaker to see if it gave me the error it did before radeon. It said my graphics card did not meet the requirements to run it. Which it used to say before radeon because it doesnt work with intel (which got me to purchase a graphics card in the first place) and when I looked further the default graphics card being used was intel yet when I look in device manage radeon is there. It works but stopped being used. What happened?

0 Likes
2 Replies

Please post the following info from AMD Forum: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Does your Motherboard have Integrated Graphics? Maybe you need to disable iGPU in BIOS so that it recognizes the RX GPU Card.

I guess it does since it worked since the day I got it until now. What and where is iGPU and BIOS? I never had to do anything like that before. It just started last week after we opened the tower and added the harddrive. It was working before we opened it. I was on it and had to shut it off and the graphics card worked the whole time until we turned it back on. I disable intel and it takes away the sound and my pc gets laggy.

0 Likes