cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

icchy92
Journeyman III

AMD keeps installing CCC instead of vision engine

Hello, I had an old radeon HD4850 but recently I changed it with a new card HD 6950. I uninstalled every driver, changed the card and installed the new ones, but I noticed that the file that I downloaded has installed the catalyst control center instead of the vision engine control center. It is strange because my CPU is an AMD too (a phenom II X4), and I'm pretty sure that I had the vision engine with the old card. How can I have it? Thanks.

0 Likes
10 Replies

Even though your HD6950 is new to you but it is an old AMD GPU card that is not supported by AMD anymore. The last driver is Catalyst with a Beta Crimson. You can download it from here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64

0 Likes

These are the driver choices you have for your legacy graphics card > Legacy

There are older versions available depending on your operating system.

0 Likes

Yes I used exactly those, I tried to uninstall and re-install but I see that only CCC is installed, there are no traces of the visual engine (that I prefer).

0 Likes

The Vision Control Center has long been retired.

0 Likes

If you have Win7...these previous drivers are available..find one with the control panel you want:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy/previous?product=legacy3&os=Windows%207%20-%206...

0 Likes

So the VCC is disappeared in the latest drivers (for my card)? I think I will have to accept the catalyst control center then, but the overclock section is poor and sadly it doesn't have the auto-tune function. What about the Crimson beta? Do they have that function?

0 Likes

You can download OVERDRIVE which was the predecessor of AMD Wattman. You can use Overdrive to control the older AMD GPU cards. Here is the link to AMD Overdrive that shows all the features and download: AMD OverDrive™ Technology for Overclocking CPU and Fan Control | AMD

0 Likes

I already have it, but I wanted to overclock the gpu not cpu, and the vision engine allowed me to do that when the new CCC has a poor interface now.

0 Likes

According to Anandtech Website you should be able to Overclock your GPU card using Overdrive: AMD Overdrive - The AnandTech Guide to Video Card Overclocking Software

0 Likes

Yes but I don't like its interface however I will have to accept it if I want to mantain the newest driver. Thanks you all!

0 Likes