cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

devans0o7
Newcomer

Radeon settings says "No AMD graphcs driver is installed, or the AMD is not functioning properly..."

"Please install the AMD Driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."

I'll be honest, this is a really bad (physically and in terms of hardware) laptop that I bought for cheap back when I first started playing games on PC like on a regular basis. I probably need a new one, I know. After numerous attempts to keep myself from updating Windows (because something ALWAYS messes up when I update windows (like now!)), I updated it and after 2 hours I log into my computer and I know it's routine to go into my Radeon settings and fix everything 'cuz it gets all messed up from the Windows update. To open said settings, I usually right click my desktop and hit the AMD Radeon Settings. But this time I got a small window that said my driver wasn't working or wasn't installed. So I opened up my device manager and it said my drivers were up to date. I don't know where to go from here. Please help I'm still saving up for a good PC, and that won't be for awhile so I have to manage with what I got. Any help is appreciated.

If thiss helps, I have a

Lenovo Y40-70

R9 M275

And for some reason I also have the Intel graphics driver.... the HD Family one....

0 Likes
6 Replies

0 Likes

windows

0 Likes

Oh...OK.

0 Likes

I had this same message on my laptop once, I was on Windows 10, I think it was right after I had upgraded from 8.1. I can't exactly remember if I had to run DDU and that took care of it or if I ended up runing the AMD clean utility and that did it.  Either way I know one of those allowed me to get the driver installed again. I remember that I hadn't changed a thing just suddenly got that message.

I would try DDU first as it only takes out the display driver files. Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.3

If that doesn't do it try the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility. This will take out all AMD drivers chipset and everything. Make sure to download all drivers from Lenovo first.

AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

Hope that helps!

0 Likes

I’ll try it thanks!

0 Likes

WHAT OS?

WindowsXP?

Windows Vista?

Windows7?