cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

jdese001
Journeyman III

One Of My R9 380 Fans Is Running Slower Than The Other? Incorrect Reading Or Something Else?

i have a R9 380 4gb, and i have been running it at 100% for the past few days mining for fun, and my temps are good at 72C and the monitor says im using 46% of my fan speed, but one fan is at 59rpm and the other at 2700rpm, i would think that each fan would be at 23%, is there a reason for this ?

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Ask on a mining forum.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

It sounds like you may have a fan going bad. Did you visually inspect the fan while running does it appear to be going slower or stuttering maybe? To my knowledge, I know of no, card that controls multiple fans on a card separately. So if it is under warranty contact the cards maker, if not they still might sell you a fan. If they can't help look for an aftermarket solution. You definitely don't want to overheat.

0 Likes
jdese001
Journeyman III

i actually figured it out, i first tried running my fans at 100% and the one fan only showed 100rpm, so i then ran a stress test in furmark, thinking that the other fan would pick up when the temps rose, i was using my corsair Link software to monitor my GPU as well as my CPU, and in the link software it has two fans listed, one at high rpms 2000+ and one low under 100rpms but i did see the fan display 2000+ rpms for a second a few times, so i checked my other monitoring softwares but in every other monitoring software i have, even amd driver software only reports one fan and the speed, so i then visually inspected the fans and i could not see a difference in speed, which i should of been able to see a difference between a 2000+rpm fan and a below 100rpm fan, so i think it is safe to say the link software is misreporting the temps, plus my temps are perfect on the stress 70C range.

0 Likes