cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

quest
Journeyman III

Processor change

I have a working DX4350-UR21P Gateway Phenom II x6 6-core 2.9 Ghz computer I bought new in 2012. I tried to switch/put in a Phenom II x6 6-core 3.2 Ghz processor, and it is not working. Is there a way to get it to work? I just wanted to try to make it a little faster. I have faster systems, but my question is about this one. Please tell me. It seems like it is very possible.

0 Likes
4 Replies

OEM computers have very limited CPU support, you can't just drop in any CPU. Also, as bankrupt Gateway didn't publish upgrade capabilities, there is quite possibly no upgrade path for them.

0 Likes

ok girl. somebody maybe knows how. i have no more hope.

0 Likes

Your old cpu was a 95 watt cpu and your new one is a 125 watt cpu. Your motherboard may not support the higher voltage. Alot of oem's at that time were using up older motherboards from the original phenom cpus and 95w phenom ii's would work on them but not the 125w cpu's.

So sorry you are out of luck. Good news is that 1090t is still very easy to unload on ebay.

0 Likes

I returned it to the Ebay seller and asked if they wanted to build a computer with the processor. I have not had a reply. I am not eager to try anything with this right now.

0 Likes