cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zygis69
Journeyman III

Stuttering after newer driver instalation - a8 7410 Crimson 16.12

I have laptop with a8 7410 and radeon r5 graphics, using crimson 16.12.... drivers. Cant install newer because pc starts stuttering for about 2-3 seconds every time i use it. So are there any posibilities to install newer driver on my system properly or maybe my hardware is inconpactible?

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
9 Replies

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

AMD A-Series A8-7410 Notebook SoC - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Is all you have the integrated graphics? R5? No other graphics chip?

0 Likes

Yes, no other graphic chip, just integrated R5

0 Likes

I would try the 18.2.1 drivers (I assume you have Win10) > APU

Clean install them > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Also..your computer power plan must be set to "high performance" and plugged in (not on battery).

If you could, post a screen shot of your graphics settings.

0 Likes

Ok i will try, thx for info

0 Likes

0 Likes

Try these (the ones that you have),,,if you don't have 'enhanced sync', use always on.

In the "Mobility Center" do you have 'Performance" selected?

0 Likes

If this doesn't solve your problem, then install the drivers furnished by the laptop manufacturer:

Recommendation:

AMD recommends using the graphics drivers provided by your notebook's manufacturer as the manufacturer has customized the drivers to support the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. Customized graphics drivers are available for download from most notebook manufacturer's web site.

If the current operating system is not the version originally installed on the notebook it may not meet all requirements and compatible graphics drivers may not be available. Please refer to the notebook manufacturer for supported operating systems and drivers.

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Driver:

AMD provides a generic reference driver for AMD Mobility Radeon graphics with limited support for notebook specific features and functions. This is not intended to be used as a replacement for the notebook manufacturer's driver.

List of Major Notebook Manufacturers and Corresponding Support Web Sites

0 Likes

Yes high performance

0 Likes

Reading the Post, can you post your Laptop's Make and Model?  Seems like most Laptops come with a discrete Graphics installed besides the integrated graphics from the APU.