cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nickpengaras
Adept II

Application Install Failure - During 18.2.1 Driver Installation - Win 10 + R8 M445DX

Hello dearest community members,

• I've just updated my GPU drivers (not pushed) , and I it seems my GPU isn't working.

DRIVERS NOT WORKING.jpg

• I tried to update, I downloaded older versions, I tried to go back to older versions, but I couldn't.

DRIVERS FAIL TO UPDATE.jpg

• I erased my drivers, and went to HP support to get the drivers from there, but still it didn't work.

HP DRIVERS.jpgHP DRIVERS FAILURE.jpg

The main problem that I seem to get (I tried everything more the three times) it's that the installation can not be done correctly and after this Device Manager has the new version which isn't properly installed.

My laptop's details.

HP Pavilion 15-aw001nv (ENERGY STAR)

DETAILS.jpg

I need this to be fixed asap, because I can't edit!!!

Thank you.

PS. I'm editing my question after posting it,

I tried troubleshoot, it detected the following problems, but couldn't give me a solution.

troubleshoot.jpg

Message was edited by: Nick Pengaras

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello, thanks for offering help, I tried everything listed above, but I still couldn't get it to work.

But  I did make it work!

I downloaded AMD CLEAN UP UTILITY and my listed drivers from HP site, I CLOSED THE WIFI (VERY IMPORTANT) I ran the AMD CLEAN UP UTILITY, then I restarted my computer, again WITH NO INTERNET CONNECTION I installed my laptop's drivers given by the HP site! and all is working perfectly!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I noticed from HP Support a BIOS dated from May,2017. Do you have that installed: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Driver-Chipset (1)

HP 3D DriveGuard Software

6.0.41.1 Rev.A47.2 MBSep 11, 2017DownloadHP's Terms of Use
DetailsAssociated filesPrevious versions

Type:

Driver-Chipset

Version:

6.0.41.1 Rev.A

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

Sep 11, 2017

File name:

sp81920.exe

(47.2 MB)

Description:

This package provides the HP 3D Driveguard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The HP 3D Driveguard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

Fix and enhancements:

- Fixes an issue where HP 3D DriveGuard stops functioning properly after the operating system is updated, which subsequently causes an error message to be displayed.

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.27 Rev.A10.7 MBMay 15, 2017DownloadHP's Terms of Use
DetailsAssociated filesPrevious versions

Type:

BIOS

Version:

F.27 Rev.A

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

May 15, 2017

File name:

sp80190.exe

(10.7 MB)

Description:

This package provides an update to the System BIOS. The update installs on supported notebook models using a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System. It is necessary to restart the system to complete the installation.

Fix and enhancements:

- Provides the updated BIOS.

AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

16.101.1701.1001 Rev.A333.6 MBApr 29, 2016DownloadHP's Terms of Use
DetailsAssociated files

Type:

Driver-Graphics

Version:

16.101.1701.1001 Rev.A

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

Apr 29, 2016

File name:

sp75640.exe

(333.6 MB)

Description:

This package provides the AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver and Catalyst Control Center for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. For notebooks with switchable graphics modes, this package includes drivers for both graphics processing units (GPUs). Switchable graphics enable users to switch between a power-saving graphics mode (normally used under battery power) and a high-performance graphics mode. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver.

When you reinstall the AMD Driver set (Full) you need to do this to be sure you have a clean machine:

Laptop graphics update...How to

Hello, thanks for offering help, I tried everything listed above, but I still couldn't get it to work.

But  I did make it work!

I downloaded AMD CLEAN UP UTILITY and my listed drivers from HP site, I CLOSED THE WIFI (VERY IMPORTANT) I ran the AMD CLEAN UP UTILITY, then I restarted my computer, again WITH NO INTERNET CONNECTION I installed my laptop's drivers given by the HP site! and all is working perfectly!

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes