desktop computer (2012)

Windows 7-64bits MSI-Z77A-G45 with a i5 3570k

Motherboard : MSI-Z77A-G45 with a i5 3570k

8 bg or DDR3 ram installed

Drivers : AMD RADEON 17.12.1 Adrenalin edition

Monitor :  Samsung SD850 Series LS27D85KTSN/XU

LS27D85KTSN/XU, Samsung S27D850T 27" WQHD LED LCD Monitor

Issues :

I got constant tearings since I got this new monitor (video attached)

I used to have another Korean WQHD monitor and I had no issues/

The tearings appears everytime something moves a little bit fast on my screen (when I scroll down on internet, every videos, every games etc)

I've tred several others drivers up to the latest : no change

I've tried different connection (HDMI DVI  display port) no change

Important : when I connect my laptop to the monitor in HDMI, I don't have anymore tearings.

temperatures are ok

Freesync is not available with that monitor

Any suggestions will be welcome (including getting a new graphic card if you think so !!)

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
16 Replies

Have you checked Windows Update?

0 Likes

Hi kingfish, could you explain what you mean by that ?  thanks

0 Likes

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

HI Kingfish , thanks for your answer, acutally while trying to check if Windows was updated I found out that my windows update is not working properly  and I'm no strugg:ling to fix that , first of all I will fix that and come back to you

0 Likes

Windows 10 has a Windows Update troubleshooter built in, but you can download it separately for Windows 7 to check your Windows Update to diagnose and repair it.  You can download it directly from Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027322/windows-update-troubleshooter

Here is instructions from the your Samsung TV Manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201610/20161021125851979/BN46-00424A-Eng.pdf

Did you install the Drivers for the Samsung TV that came in the CD-ROM as per the Manual?

I would follow the Manual's instructions on setting up your TV configuration.

Also mentioned about using the provided cables for the TV such HDMI or DVI or DP.

From the Manual:

2.1 Before Connecting 2.1.1 Pre-connection Checkpoints  Before connecting a source device, read the user manual provided with it. The number and locations of ports on source devices may differ from device to device.  Do not connect the power cable until all connections are completed. Connecting the power cable during connection may damage the product.  Check the types of ports at the back of the product you want to connect. 2.2 Connecting and Using a PC Select a connection method suitable for your PC.  Connecting parts may differ in different products.  To ensure the screen displays properly, do not use DVI-to-DP, HDMI-to-DP, micro HDMI-to-DP or other nonstandard cables bought from a dealer. It is recommended that you use the cables that came with the product.

Troubleshooting tips from the Manual:

The images on the screen look distorted. Check the cable connection to the product. (Refer to "2.2 Connecting and Using a PC") The screen is not clear. The screen is blurry. Remove any accessories (video extension cable, etc.) and try again. Set the resolution and frequency to the recommended level. The screen appears unstable and shaky. Check that the resolution and frequency for the PC are within the range of resolution and frequency compatible with the product. Next, if required, change the settings, referring to Standard Signal Mode Table (page 99) in this manual and the Information menu on the product. There are shadows or ghost images left on the screen.

0 Likes

HI elstaci, thanks for that ! Actually as I mentionned before the screen works just fine with a win10 laptop plugged with the same hdmi cable,  so it can't be any hardware troobleshoot. Also when I check the menu

the frequency is correct. I will try to plug my PC on my TV set to see if I still have the tearings ! thanks

0 Likes
benchart
Adept III

Hi there, that is actually pretty weird, and don't look like the regular tearing, it seems something far more serious.
Assuming this is a driver related problem, did you tried to remove the driver with DDU and re-install the 17.12.1 driver?

Hi benchart; yes it's pretty annoying, and I don't need to play the latest games to enjoy it....

to tell you the truth, when switching back to older drivers ( I tried 18 something before) I got another bug (yeah) and no the radeo setting software ( in which I can change many settings) cannot open properly... so I will try uninstall with this DDU remover and keep you informed !

thanks

0 Likes

The latest Win7 updates had a bunch of .netframework fixes and updates..be sure you have them. I was really surprised to see that many in one update cycle.

0 Likes
rinascimento
Journeyman III

Hi guys, I fixed Windows Update ( by switching it off and on through cmd ) now it's been working for hours, I got 78 updates ( 7 critical and 71 optional)  installed and there is one f**** that doesn't want to get installed properly, I 'll keep you posted

0 Likes
rinascimento
Journeyman III

SO As there is still an update that fails (but dating januart 2018, and my problem is way earlier) , I pass directly to the DDU part, reinstall the 17.12. driver as AMD suggest, and absolutely nothing changed.... what can I do ?

0 Likes

Try manually downloading and installing the Update that failed from Microsoft Support. Windows needs to be fully updated for the latest AMD drivers to work correctly. Even if the update wasn't from the time of your problem.

Have you tried the most recent drivers - 18 series.?

rinascimento
Journeyman III

Hi, I'm doing my best guys but :

-The windows update KB4056894 cannot be installed even manually. I' ve read that this happens a lot recently. great

-I have rried again the latest 18.2.1 drivers as the autodect fro AMD proposed. no change

0 Likes

Make sure your anti-virus is disabled while downloading/install updates.

Maybe some help here > Windows will not update after a fresh install

0 Likes