Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ku4eto
Journeyman III

Disabling Context Menu for normal users

Hello,

i am trying to find a way, to either have the ContextMenu disabled or locked out for normal users (non-administrators).

The only thing that i found, includes deleting registry keys, which is also under HKLM, not HKCU, so its a global one.

If this is not possible, then is there ANY way to stop a user from entering the Radeon Settings and doing an overclock, or stopping an active overclock?

If not... everyone can cause a system instability with just 2 clicks.

0 Likes
5 Replies

you could install just the minimal drivers. this only installs the display driver. this would leave the only options for changing display to the ones native to Windows. Those could then be locked down with a group policy rule.

0 Likes

My idea is, the administrator to retain full access to all of the utilities provided, while the normal user should have only access to non-critical options (for example Resolution, VSR, Display Settings, etc.).

Minimal drivers idea and locking down via local policy, the driver installation is a nice idea, for a domain environment, but it will still take out the needed advanced control.

0 Likes

Would the Guest user have access to the settings? Just a thought...

0 Likes

I believe that if the users have standard accounts not admin, that you could use group policy to restrict access to the settings. I don't know how you would split options though.

Then other thought though to is by using the minimal driver you could just download a 3rd party utility like afternburner or trixx and control those thing just from your account.

0 Likes

Wel

Welp, this doesn't leave much options.

Doesn't seem like there is good solution for this.
Anyway to have the issue escalated to Devs, for new functionality?
I think the old Overdrive Catalyst drivers had a Parental control, or something like that.

0 Likes