Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

turel
Journeyman III

Street fighter 5 AE (Steam) slow motion issues. & Huge frame drops

Hello everyone

Before I go into detail about my issue I will give my PC specs below

CPU: AMD Thread ripper 1950x (Part number: YD195XA8AEWOF)

Ram: Hyper x (x2) DDR4 3200 16gb

Motherboard: Asrock x399 taichi (Bios update version 2.0)

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti 11gb (Updated to newest driver this morning)

Power Supply: Corsair HX1200I

Display devices: Asus - VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor 1ms refresh rate connected via DVI 1920 x1080

Acer 24 inch 1920 x 1080 5ms  refresh rate connected via HDMI (Can't think of the model number sorry)

As the game starts it's running at a solid 60fps, as soon as you click on the character select screen slow motion and huge frame drops start happening from 60fps to 30 fps with audio being desync also. As a fight start frames can drop even lower to 15 fps with choppy gameplay also in slow motion. I have tried all I can think of including turning off V-sync to turning off

High Precision Event Timer in windows. It was all on high settings also but if anyone has any idea's how to fix this please let me know.

Kind regards

(Ps: Need someone to check if street fighter v has poor optimization with AMD CPUs)

0 Likes
1 Reply

Don't know why the cpu or your gpu would be an issue. I would check out this thread may turn you on to some ideas. Seems a lot of people have issue with that game. Good PC - Terrible framerate :: Street Fighter V Beta General Discussions

0 Likes