cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

foxsprout
Adept I

Insane stuttering in all games/graphic intensive apps (like 3DMark)

Hi All!

This is my first post, but simple google search can't find relatable issue like mine.

Check out the sample video of the performance of my PC here: Adrenaline insane stuttering - YouTube (Sorry if the name isn't stuttering, idk what to call it). Before this, I also tried the previous versions of Adrenalin drivers but it's the same. I didn't try driver versions before adrenalin up until 17.7.1 since this version works best with the game I play most; Overwatch.

I tried clean install using DDU, also tried direct upgrade from 17.7.1, without messing anything (I also didn't mess with anything in 17.7.1).

Any help would be appreciated.

Full specs:

MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon

Ryzen 5 1600 (stock)

G.Skill Flare X 2x8GB (3200)

XFX RX 480 8GB (AMD Radeon™ RX 480 Tuned by XFX - Custom Backplate Black Edition 1328MHz 8GB GDDR5 HDMI 3xDP - RX-48...)

Cooler Master V650

0 Likes
1 Solution

Before, yes. No updates no matter how much I checked. Though a few hours ago I took the risk of enrolling Windows Insider program and selecting "Active Windows  Development" in the "Slow Ring."

After a reboot, Windows find 1 pre-release build (17074) and an AMD Device Driver Update (23.20.780.2). Before, the driver version was 23.20.105x.x if I'm not mistaken. AC Origins show that the AMD driver update from Windows is an outdated driver (before it says it was the latest driver) but it now runs smoothly.

For the note, almost all my programs require re-login (GOG, Steam, etc.) and some programs went straight not working (I know this risk, so my Bitdefender isn't working now). So, I can conclude that either the driver, the Windows build, disabled antivirus, or mixed between them fixed my issue!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
locodicegr
Miniboss

Are your windows updated?

Do you have another PSU to test?

0 Likes

Before, yes. No updates no matter how much I checked. Though a few hours ago I took the risk of enrolling Windows Insider program and selecting "Active Windows  Development" in the "Slow Ring."

After a reboot, Windows find 1 pre-release build (17074) and an AMD Device Driver Update (23.20.780.2). Before, the driver version was 23.20.105x.x if I'm not mistaken. AC Origins show that the AMD driver update from Windows is an outdated driver (before it says it was the latest driver) but it now runs smoothly.

For the note, almost all my programs require re-login (GOG, Steam, etc.) and some programs went straight not working (I know this risk, so my Bitdefender isn't working now). So, I can conclude that either the driver, the Windows build, disabled antivirus, or mixed between them fixed my issue!

0 Likes

Why you went into insiders? All those things you mention its because you update in windows insider.

0 Likes

Because there is no update I could run. I ran the latest Windows with automatic update turned on, I'll never miss any Windows updates. Running to Insider's Build fixed my issue.

0 Likes

Computer Power Plan set to 'high Performance'?

Wattman Power Limit set to +50?

Have you read > AMD graphics performance

Or:

Sorry I didn't mention before. I did the "high performance profile" right after installing Windows (this build is rather new), and increasing power limit, overclock, messing with profiles, and even increase the voltage did nothing.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes