Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

4erbuks
Adept I

Mouse Lag On Recent AMD Crimson Drivers - R9 380

Hello,

So i have a problem which i didnt think is a problem. Like few months ago my AMD settings showed there is new drivers avaiable. So i installed them but at the point when the skreen starts to flash and change resulutions my mouse and screen started to lag. After the reboot still lagging. I did system restore to go back on old drivers. I toght its mybe buggy drivers il w8. So i was working a lot not playing, And since Friday i m trying to update drivers again. I want to amd home page took exacly drivers for my card but still lagging as hell. I red in internet that some people gan go max 17.9.2 Im was trying to install the newest 17.10.1 and 17.9.2 but no luck these drivers were from amd homepage. But than i realised i cant open radeon settings anymore... So i deleted all drivers using 

amdcleanuputilitz and DDU  and now im stuck where i was it says there is new drivers 17.10.1 which i install and get heavy mouse and screen laggg

Thanks !!!

Running

Win7 64bit

AMD Radeon R9 380 4gb

AMD Athlon x4 750k 3.40Ghz

8gb ram

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. F2A7

Monitor i use Sharp - LC-49CUF8472ES with hdmi

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

17.10.1 drivers are quite old now, have you tried 17.12.1?

0 Likes

so i did upgrade on my system Motherbiard m5a78lm-le with amd fx 8350 and new clean windows install and problem still resists tryed the new 18. something problem still there im now on the last 16. drivers before 17 came...

0 Likes

Which OS are you using?

0 Likes

Win 7 professional like i told

in the topic

0 Likes

I searched whole bios and could not find it i can see it only at system divice under divice meniger and i can unistall it there should i do that ?

0 Likes

Read the link above, you can disable it via Windows Admin Command Prompt.

0 Likes

Okay gonna doit latter today. 1more question. Im useing sharp 4k tv as a monitor and after each driver instalation it jumps direktli to 4k resolution could it be a problem that because the resulution swiches from alone to the max the drivers wont work? I also changed hdmi cable still no luck. And also changed the port i use on Tv still nothing :/

0 Likes

I tried to turn it of trough cmd  i get error file not found and that tutorial in the link u gave me is for windows 10  

0 Likes

Okay, I don't have a solution at the moment.

Please submit a bug report and roll back your driver.

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Windows 10 Pro RS2 & R9 380 v18.1.1 Adrenalin here..no problems.

inside_limbo
Adept I

Try to update drivers from device manager of windows,if u have resolution problem u can fix it manually through Radeon setings,and windows.

Have u ever thing to update to windows 10?May be your problem will solved.

I have windows 10 pro RX 560 Andrenaline ver.18.1.1 works fine.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

hmm at lastt something new to try. okay i gonna look at that !!

0 Likes

If you are using any mouse controls, similar to Logitech Set Point, disable it and let Windows handle it.

i dont understand what u mean by it mouse controls ? i have wifi mouse. and just normal usb keyboard

0 Likes

You have wireless mouse dude? The mouse is the problem 90% of the lag.

I have amd since 2009 with my frist gaming pc and newer had issues with wirelesss mouse ... but i gonna try wiothout it

by amd i ment ATI Radeon at that time  

0 Likes

Untitled.png

Windows fails to instal some amd stuff.... the rest is done

0 Likes

You ser are Hero !!!! Idont know what helped that i unconected the wireless mouse or the update but it work fine now with 17.12.1 didnt try the new 18

0 Likes

im on the newest 18+ drivers and works like charm befor i could not play assasins creed orgins eaven on low now i can play on ultra high with like 35fps        not perfect but playable

0 Likes

Happy to hear...

0 Likes