cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ryancocuzzo
Journeyman III

RX 580 - No Signal At Bios ASRock H110 BTC+

I hooked up a monitor to my new gpu (first time building computer) and it is stagnant at "No Signal", despite the GPU & Motherboard being powered on and the powered GPU being connected to a monitor. The power supply, CPU, and GPU (only one) fans are all running (showing that each is working properly), but, for some reason, the HDMI connection to the monitor is not resulting in the BIOS being displayed. NOTE: I did not install the OS yet because I cannot load the BIOS.

GPU:

AMD Radeon RX 580

MOTHERBOARD:
ASRock H110 BTC+

MONITOR:

32" LG LED TV

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
5 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

If the intel processor you are using has integrated graphics, plug the monitor into the onboard video.

If you get a display signal, see if the BIOS is accessible, If you can get to the BIOS check to see if the PCIe slots are enabled.

If you do not get a signal with the onboard video, you may have a bad motherboard... 

Also, are the TV input settings set to receive an HDMI signal?

0 Likes

I did try hooking the Motherboard up without the GPU and went from the onboard DVI-D slot and used converter to HDMI to plug into monitor. It didn't result in a signal, unfortunately. And yes the TV is set up for HDMI as I use the HDMI port for other systems as well. So, would it be worth getting the system checked out by the local computer store, would there be alternate possible causes for the issue, or would it definitely be a fault in the motherboard?

0 Likes

It would be a good idea to have it checked out by a service center, they would be able to confirm that it is a motherboard issue before you "return or RMA" it.

They would be able to rule out the processor, RAM and the PSU.

Do you have a speaker connected to the motherboard? Do you get any BIOS "Beep Codes" when you turn the system on?

0 Likes

Ok, I will take it there tomorrow. And I do not have it connected to a speaker mostly because that part is very vague in the manual and is not well-documented on any videos I have seen either. If you know of a simple example of how to attach a speaker to the motherboard, I would be more than happy to use that as an outlet because I have read numerous times about the beep test and I am unable to try it.

0 Likes

10pcs Pc Computer Mainboard MotherBoard Case BIOS Alarm Speaker Adapter Plug - Newegg.com

See pages 6, 7 and 19 of the motherboard manual.  Number 11, "Chassis intrusion and speaker header".

Just plug it in and start the computer.

0 Likes