cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

phreebase
Journeyman III

Wireless dongles connected to USB 3.0 ports are behaving strangely. Windows 10 driver issue?

Hello fellow boardmembers.

I recently build my new Ryzen-computer with these specs:

Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B350 Arctic

Processor: Ryzen 5 1600

Ram: 16 GB Cosair Vengeance LPX 3200 mhz

HDD: Samsung 960 EVO + Samsung 850 EVO

Graphics: GTX 1060 3 GB

Powersupply: EVGA 500B

Bluetooth Dongle: ASUS BT400 Bluetooth 4.0

I want to use my Microsoft Surface Keyboard (Bluetooth) + my Logitech MX Master 2S mouse (Logitech Unifying Receiver) with this setup. The problem is, that I'm having a somewhat "laggy" experience with both devices. With the keyboard I'm experiencing a small input lag, which I'm not experiencing when I connect the ASUS Dongle to another computer. It's the same with the mouse, a bit of (acceptable) input lag, but the main issue with the mouse and the logitech receiver is, that they sometimes loses connection. This isn't an issue when I connect the dongle to another system.

That leaves me to think it's a usb (host controller?) driver issue. I have installed the most recent version of the AMD chipset drivers (17.10), but Windows choses to use its own drivers for both USB 3.0 and 3.1 eXtensible Host Controllers. I have tried to "update" to AMD windows 7 drivers included in the AMD folder in C:\, but when I do that, some of my devices become "unknown", and at one point the USB devices connected to my system didn't work at all.

Does anybody have some experiences similar to this? And more importantly, does anybody have a solve?

0 Replies