cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hotrith
Miniboss

Meltdown and Spectre why still not updated?

This app can prove that my FX 8350 processor is vulnerable to attacks

1.jpg

2.jpg

i already change my GPU to Nvidia, to solved the most of my problems, do i have to go to intel to solve the rest of the problems?!

0 Likes
1 Solution

AMD issues microcode updates to motherboard manufacturers who in turn incorporate them into BIOS releases. Also, even according to security researches who uncovered the bug, it's very hard to exploit Spectre on AMD hardware, and even with Intel hardware this bug has not been exploited in the wild, which is saying a lot since this bug has been around for a very long time.

And no, it's not a chipset problem, it's a CPU problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
inside_limbo
Adept I

Meltdown and Spectre is a general hardware bugs and all these updates is software so there is nothing u can do because bugs infect  everything has a prossecor even and an ''electronic pan''.Intel have problem with both bugs but AMD only Spectre.I think this will be helpful for you.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

The updates will not come directly from AMD, but from system and OS providers, so users will need to check if they’ve received the updates from them.

AMD Starts Issuing Patches For Both Spectre Variants

if they not come from AMD, so from where they come from, MB manufacturer? the issue is not a BIOS related, its a Chipset problem and the fix´s should be on the chipset drivers that they provide like they do it before, but since now they only update them for the Ryzen and threadripper, the driver is pretty much useless.

0 Likes

AMD issues microcode updates to motherboard manufacturers who in turn incorporate them into BIOS releases. Also, even according to security researches who uncovered the bug, it's very hard to exploit Spectre on AMD hardware, and even with Intel hardware this bug has not been exploited in the wild, which is saying a lot since this bug has been around for a very long time.

And no, it's not a chipset problem, it's a CPU problem.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes