cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amdalwaysproblems
Journeyman III

VSR ruins my life

Hello, i was testing out some features of amd's radeon adrenalin, so i watched this option called "VSR" (Virtual Resolution)

And, after enabling it to test if it works, my monitor goes "out of range" and i can't do anything, after using safe mode and trying to disable that option, i coulnd't do anything, i tried unistalling and installing the drivers but it keeps doing the same problem after i finish the installation.

¿Is there a way to delete AMD settings like if it was a new installation?.

0 Likes
5 Replies

First you need to post your computer specs as per Forum rules: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Have you tried removing all traces of the AMD Driver software using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode? Did you delete the C:\AMD folder in the Root Directory?

Oh, im sorry, the specs are.

AMD RX 550 2 GB [Asus Manufacterer]

Hyper X 8 GB 1600mhz

Motherboard h81m-k

Windows 10 64bits Home Edition

Lark Digital Monitor 60hz 1360x768 Resolution.

BCP450c Sentey PSU (450w)

About DDU, I tried unistalling in normal mode, and deleted all the content in

C:\AMD

I was thinking in reinstalling windows 10 deleting all content in C: Disk.

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

perhaps resetting the monitor(OSD), provided it's a newer model, can fix the issue?

0 Likes

Easiest way is to use Display Driver Uninstaller, it'll remove all the drivers in safe mode and you can reinstall. VSR has to be manually activated so there won't be a problem.

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

And instead of watching some random video, maybe have a read on the features from the link in AMD Driver Help Portal

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..