Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

matses_51
Adept II

No Freesync in PUBG?

Hi,

I just bought this monitor and have not tried it that much, but it seems to be working excellent with all games tested except PUBG.

The screen in built FPS counter is mostly locked to 75 FPS, but occasional dips down to 40 which is the lowest Freesync range on this monitor.

The game stutters and the game experience is actually worse than on my old monitor that did not have Freesync.It also happening on the opening start screen.

In general this game has run like crap on both my R9 290X and now the Fury X, but I assume this is because it is a NVIDIA "Satanworks" title.

I have tried running the games with different settings:

Enhanced sync: ON/OFF

Chill: ON(60-75 FPS)/OFF

FRTC: ON(75 FPS)/OFF

Vsync: ON/OFF

I have noticed that the reported FPS from the GPU is locked to 60 when when VSYNC is on (monitor reports 75), so I assume the game "thinks" it is a 60 Hz monitor.

Windows is reporting 75 Hz.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • R9 Fury X
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 18.1.1
  • Display Devices
    • ASUS VG245HE 75 Hz Freesync
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • MSI Z77IA-E53 Bios Version 10.5
  • CPU/APU
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Coolermaster VS750
  • RAM
    • 16GB
0 Likes
6 Replies
matses_51
Adept II

Update:

I think I found the problem.

I started Rise of the Tomb Raider and got the same issue, FPS on the monitor locked to 75 or 40 Hz and a lot of stutter.

I alt+tab out of the game to check something, and when I alt+tab back Freesync worked fine. The monitor refresh rate was adapting and the game run smoothly.

So I tried the same with PUBG and got the the same result. Open the game, the alt+tab in and out and Fressync starts to work.

It is Relive who is causing this, if I disable Relive I don't need to alt+tab.

0 Likes

Do you have instant replay enabled in Relive?

0 Likes

Hi amdmatt​,

Yeah, when Relive is on I have it enabled

It is a bit buggy in PUBG in general, turning chill on/off also seems to "lock" the refresh rate.

Tend to leave the overlay alone when I am playing that game

0 Likes

We are investigating an issue with Instant Replay, could be causing this.

0 Likes
nisthur
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue since updating to 19.1.1, it ran fine before that (cant remember the driver version). I set in-game fps to 75hz and worked like a charm but now there is screen tearing and its unplayable, had to set it to 60hz. I have also noticed a performance drop in ghost recon wildlands, i used to get solid 55-60, very rare did it drop to 40 but now i am mostly in the 45-48 range. 

0 Likes

oh and btw i dont even have re-live installed yet, previously i had it but it was always off. I tried unistalling the driver through DDU and install it clean but to no help, as i am writing this I have unistalled pubg and re installing it to see if it solves

0 Likes