Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

berkinkartal
Journeyman III

FirePro W7100 ESXi 6.5 driver

Dear All/Experts,

I have a HPE Proliant ML350 gen9 server and in manufacturer's datasheet it's mentioned that FirePro W7100 is supported. So I purchased the card based on some info I found online as well.

However, -this is my mistake- I cannot find the drivers vmware ESXi 6.5 for this card. So far I have seen S7100, but not W.

My system recognizes the card, however the driver I have loaded is not for this card and Although I switch the card to passthrough mode, I cannot see the additional PCI devices after reboot.

Is there any option/way to get vmware drivers for this card?

esxcli graphics device list

0000:84:00.0

Vendor Name: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]

Device Name: Tonga PRO GL [FirePro W7100]

Module Name: None

Graphics Type: Basic

Memory Size in KB: 0

Number of VMs: 0

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Berkin

0 Likes
3 Replies

Like this?

Download Drivers

AMD FirePro™ W Series

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your answer however there is no Vmware ESXi in this this.

Kind regards

Berkin

0 Likes

I can see the card on ESXi host and enabled passthrough rebooted the host machine, then I powered of my windows10 VM and added the card as PCI hardware to Windows VM, all fine till here.

When I try to boot the VM, I can see windows logo coming up and I never see the desktop, it simply hangs after this.

I booted windows in safe mode and saw that I have both vmware-tools SVGA virtual adapter and the AMD adapter in the display adapters.

This might be due to a conflict, however I'm not sure what's exactly wrong here.

I'd appreciate any sort of assistance, since it looks like I'm running out of ideas.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes