cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

helpful55
Journeyman III

pin layout for athlon x4 750 (fm2+)

Can anyone furnish me with a chart of the pin layout for an athlon x4 750 (FM2+). Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies

AMD stopped publicly publishing them for some reason.

0 Likes

I guess I'n not surprised they are not as in my looking around about all I found was a chart for an old intel. I can understand a company not wanting any potentially helpful info getting to competitors, but I think anyone that can build processors could figure that out in a flash. So for whatever reason I don't know. I will try amd but sounds like I will get nothing. I had tried the mobo manufacturer who of course would also know but they seem to be just wanting me to go to amd. Thanks.

0 Likes
mistered
Adept III

Are you sure it is FM2+? AMD indicates that the Athlon X4 750 was either FM2/FM2+ but all the data I found said that it was FM2.

0 Likes

Yes could be important. Educate me on this. I think you are right that it is a FM2 not +, but my understanding was that a FM2+ mobo just has additional pin locations so it will fit either? Yes technically I guess I do need FM2. I had started with thinking I could get the mobo manufacturer (gigabyte) to tell me what their pinout is and I could determine by either. The board is a FM@2+. Model # GA-F2A88XM-D3H.

I have this cpu that lost a pin in a corner area. I already tried it anyway and it appears to be fine so it may have been a common ground. But I really would like to find out exactly for my own information and peace of mind. Thanks if you have any info.

0 Likes

It's not going to catch fire or fry your system, if it works fine then it's fine.

0 Likes