Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

chargedd
Journeyman III

R9 270 crashing after updating to the latest drivers

Hello everyone,

So for the past few months my R9 270 drivers crash whenever i try updating them. I use the detection tool downloaded from the AMD site.

When the new drivers are installed, my screen goes to a blue-ish color with darker vertical stripes going down the screen. I have tried

just about every solution I could find on alot of different forums, but still it won't work. Only when I install the driver from my installation CD

I got when i bought my PC will it work properly. For some reason the CD driver says: "R9 270 series" and the driver I install with the detection

tool says: "R9 200 series". i dont know if that is the problem, and if so how to fix it.

I'd be extremely happy if anyone has a solution as this problem has already cost me hours and hours to solve without success.

Thanks for helping out,

Chargedd

0 Likes
2 Replies

Sorry for the missing information.

As I said I have a AMD R9 270. I'm running Window 7 Profesional 64bit on a desktop with the following specs:

i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz, a quad core i believe.

8GB of RAM.

A HP x23LED 1920x1080 and a Philips 170S 1280x1024, really ancient stuff.

Not sure what motherboard I have but i can look it up if it is important to solve the problem, i believe it's an Intel 8 series C220

I hope this is enough information, please let me know if you need any more

Thanks for helping me out

0 Likes