cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

c3k
Adept I

Game profiles are located...where???

I cannot update my AMD driver. I've got to do a clean install. (Going from 17.11.1 to 18.1.1) Clean install means (according to Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers  I have to wipe out my C:\AMD folder and then run DDU.) That's going to WIPE OUT ALL MY PROFILES.

Fine. How do I export all the individual game profiles I've so carefully created? These represent HOURS of crafting and doublechecking.

Nvidia allows me to export any NCP settings so if I have to wipe out my drivers and reinstall, I can then just import all my profiles.

AMD, why can't you do this?

AMD, I'm happy to wipe my current drivers and do a clean install. I'm NOT happy to completely recreate the profiles of DOZENS of games.

AMD, I want to export my game profiles.

AMD, where are they saved?

AMD, this is an OLD and OFT-REPEATED issue.

AMD, c'mon.

0 Likes
1 Solution
crazyserb
Adept III

Most likely "c:\Users\ <username> \Local\AMD\CN\" file gmdb.blb. Best bet would be to backup both AMD and ATI folders from "c:\Users\ <username> \Local\" then copy back that gmdb.blb file first then rest of the files if that does not do a trick. I would also suggest to kill radeon settings from task manager before copying any of files back or maybe relog to win acc to reload settings.

My suggestion is to try your luck with RadeonPro, it should work with up to 2nd gen GCN without issues (I can confirm for rebranded 1st gen only) and it should work with newer cards but some features would probably be locked. Compared even to newest drivers, it only misses shader cache and can rec vids only with CPU but there is whole list of what it can do which driver app cant (like profile backups beside various tweaks/injectors)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
crazyserb
Adept III

Most likely "c:\Users\ <username> \Local\AMD\CN\" file gmdb.blb. Best bet would be to backup both AMD and ATI folders from "c:\Users\ <username> \Local\" then copy back that gmdb.blb file first then rest of the files if that does not do a trick. I would also suggest to kill radeon settings from task manager before copying any of files back or maybe relog to win acc to reload settings.

My suggestion is to try your luck with RadeonPro, it should work with up to 2nd gen GCN without issues (I can confirm for rebranded 1st gen only) and it should work with newer cards but some features would probably be locked. Compared even to newest drivers, it only misses shader cache and can rec vids only with CPU but there is whole list of what it can do which driver app cant (like profile backups beside various tweaks/injectors)

Thanks!

I had no idea what the name/suffix was. I've found the gmdb.blb but slightly different than where you said. See my bold, below.

c:\Users\ <username> \AppData\Local\AMD\CN\

It's a 44kb file. I'll wipe my install and see if I can copy the old gmdb.blb over the new one and retain my profiles.

Cheers.

0 Likes

A big thanks to you if solved this for us all

0 Likes

sorry, that is correct, local folder is in appdata, I probably forgot to write it or I deleted it accidentally when I was editing username part

At least, I hope that helped since I never really used CCC/radeon settings for my 270x.because radeonpro does better job for me (tweaks/injectors) and it can load profiles from afterburner automatically when I start the game if needed (AB allows me to OC higher than overdrive so there is that). It was more a guess since it was something similar from times when I had HD 3850, so I just looked up couple files with totalcmd viewer in there and saw some game/profile configs in there.

0 Likes

I just wiped my AMD drivers, DDU'd them, and then installed a fresh set. The gmdb.blb file is, indeed, the profiles.

THANK YOU.

0 Likes

hello, does this also copy my performance settings profile ?. Because I wouldn't want to lose the fan curves and things that took me a long time to set up. And I can't copy from the drivers since I don't have access, because my OS is broken and needs to be formatted.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes