cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

alwayssmokeit420
Journeyman III

WHY DOESN'T my monitor detect my new gpu? PLEASE HELP

okay so I just bought a new amd radeon rx560, and also a new corsair cx550m psu. I hooked up my new psu, turned my pc back on, everything work as it should. then I shut down my pc and plugged in the gpu. when I turned my pc back on the monitor wont detect my new gpu. has anyone had this problem, and if so what should I try?
   my computer is a hp pavilion with windows 10, a ipm87-mp mother board, and 16gb of ram.

0 Likes
1 Solution

As I said, not sure if you had a GPU before or used onboard from the

motherboard.

If it was always onboard, that it likely the issue.

Did you have a GPU? If so, plug the monitor into the IGP. Load into

Windows. Delete the previous driver even if AMD using the DDU program

mentioned. Reboot.

Install the AMD driver or Radeon Adrenalize package from the website using

the correct format e.g.. Rx560, Windows 10 64bit etc.

Reboot. It should auto detect the card. If not, change in BIOS as mentioned

using the IGP. Then reboot with the monitor attached to 560

View solution in original post

3 Replies
noughtboy
Adept I

Not sure what you mean by your monitor doesn't detect the GPU. Usually the other way around.

Anyway, does this mean you get not picture at all (even BIOS or boot flash text) or just not in Windows?

If there is no picture whatsoever, try reseating your GPU making sure it clicks in place with the locking clip and is screwed on at the back.

The next question is if your MB has an IGP (onboard graphics). If you were using that, you may need to plug your monitor into that, go into BIOS and change in your BIOS settings for your RX560 to be the default GPU not the IGP. Not sure what your BIOS would call it but probably under Peripherals or onboard devices.

Then F10 and plug your monitor into the RX560.

Don't forget you will need to update your drivers once you get into Windows. These can be downloaded from AMD - don;t use the CD in your box. It will be old. You may have to uninstall the previous drivers using a program called DDU, then reboot and install the new drivers then reboot and you will be good to go.

well I think its something like that...my new gpu has a light on it that turns blue if everything is running properly. the light is blue...but I get nothing to pop on the screen, the screen goes in standby. ive tried re-seating the gpu a couple times...btw my internal speaker also beeps when the computer comes on
thank you for responding

0 Likes

As I said, not sure if you had a GPU before or used onboard from the

motherboard.

If it was always onboard, that it likely the issue.

Did you have a GPU? If so, plug the monitor into the IGP. Load into

Windows. Delete the previous driver even if AMD using the DDU program

mentioned. Reboot.

Install the AMD driver or Radeon Adrenalize package from the website using

the correct format e.g.. Rx560, Windows 10 64bit etc.

Reboot. It should auto detect the card. If not, change in BIOS as mentioned

using the IGP. Then reboot with the monitor attached to 560