Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shpekot
Newcomer

Crashing while playing Nioh: Complete Edition

Hello,

As the title suggest, experiencing random Crashes only while playing Nioh: Complete Edition. I have had no issues with other games such as Warhammer 2: Total War (the most demanding one I have), even when playing on Ultra settings for hours. My temps are fine, sub-80 on the GPU. There are four entries (attached to this post) generated in Event Viewer after the crash occurs - 1 Application Error for Nioh itself, 2 Warnings stating 'Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.' and 1 Application Error for RadeonSettings.exe (As the AMD Settings Application also crashes if opened AFTER the crash occurs). After googling the text from the Warnings and trying a fix (which is to increase the TdrDelay to 8 seconds) the crashes in some places of the game seem to have stopped, but crashes still occur in other locations. I have also tried removing my drivers with DDU and reinstalling them. The issue occurs regardless of graphical settings of the game itself. Can someone offer any insight into this? It's really frustrating.

Desktop specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580; /stock settings/
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700; /stock settings/

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350-PLUS; Bios ver. 0805

PSU: Corsair HX750i; 750W

RAM: 16GB

Driver version: Adrenalin 17.12.1; Issue also occurs on 17.12.2, and the last Crimson version before Adrenalin (haven't tried previous versions). EDIT: Tried on 17.7.1 and the issue still occurs.

Display device: Phillips 226VL

OS: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, v.1709 (OS Build 16299.192)

0 Likes
6 Replies
shpekot
Newcomer

Update, just got a different event in Event Viewer, this time it's ID 4109 - 'Application nioh.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.' along with the ID 4101 one and the Game crash.

0 Likes

its been 3 years did you guys get a fix? Nioh looks fun and im $40 usd in the hole... No im not puttin in a bug submit in you guys have enough. Please fix it no uses Fidelity Fx spend time on your compatibility list!!!!!!

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

You can submit a bug report at www.amd.com/report.

0 Likes

I've submitted a report, but is there no way to bypass or fix this issue?

0 Likes

Not that i am aware of, but we're looking at it. ray_m

0 Likes
shpekot
Newcomer

So seeing as how it's been nearly an year without any development, I'm assuming there won't be a fix for this.

0 Likes