cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

peteseddon
Journeyman III

drivers for 4350 windows 10 legacy BIOS

I understand someone (Dan . .? ) has written software drivers for amd 4350 to work with windows 10 legacy BIOS.  I found it before but have now lost it.

0 Likes
8 Replies

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

JUST TAKING A GUESS, This is for HD 4xxx series AMD GPU Card. This is a legacy card (old and non-supported).  I believe you need to let Windows Update install the compatible AMD driver for Windows 8 or 10.

Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and older Series

Article Number: GPU-624

ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization in October, 2013.

No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

The last operating system supported using the AMD drivers was Microsoft Windows® 8 with the AMD Catalyst 13.1 driver package, which can be downloaded from the AMD Driver page : http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Driver support for these products under Windows® 8.1 and Windows® 10 is only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update to allow it to automatically detect and install display driver version 8.970.100.9001

If your system is equipped with one of these products, you may consider the following options:

• Continue using the last operating system that fully supported your graphics card.
    • Upgrade to an AMD graphics product that provides Windows® 10 support. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com
      • NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as:
        • Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot
        • Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirements
        • Display with compatible connections

He's asking about some dude that posted a work around to get a old non-supported graphics to work with Win10. I can not find it...it has been awhile. Why people with this old equipment keep thinking they are 'improving' their laptops/PC's by trying to jerry-rig some Mickey Mouse "fix" to run Win10 is beyond me. They all lose functionality. Windows10 does not offer any 'basic function' drivers any longer.

Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and older Series

Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware that those GPU aren't supported by Windows 10 even by Windows Update installing the last known supported driver.

I agree, You can buy a AMD supported GPU card for less than 200.00 nowadays. Plus these GPU cards are so outdated that it is only good for surfing the net at best.

0 Likes

Actually, you can buy one for under $50   That is, if it is a desktop PC. Laptops are a different story....

0 Likes

Kingfish, can you help this poster setup Wattman so as not to run maximum power during game play. Since he upgraded his driver, his water-cooled Vega64 starts running full power during game play. I am not that familiar with Vega GPU's but you might be better suited to help him. Since new driver , my Vega 64 water cooling overheats

0 Likes

What I am seeing is, after these new rounds of 'updates' from Microsoft/Windows10, is the supplied basic drivers and the "Legacy" drivers furnished by AMD) are not working any more. I believe the new WDDM2.3 standard has borked these older cards.

Windows Display Driver Model - Wikipedia

You would think it  would be backward compatible.

0 Likes

Yet Wiki mentions backward compatibility only up to version 1.3...I am not a expert on all this, but it has been stated by AMD many times, these old graphics cards do not have the ability to be 'updated' to modern standards. The 'updates' for the card being offered by Microsoft only allowed basic web surfing....this is not sufficient for some applications...such a switchable graphics in laptops.