cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Upper mid range and high end GPUs out of stock and/or insanely priced, and nobody knows why

This is a very good time to start including in your nightly prayers, "Please don't let my graphics card die!"  This has gone from a major annoyance of cryptomining arsehats inflating the prices through the stratosphere to a full out crisis, seriously. Even if you are a mid-ranger, you're only left low end cards.

The 1080Ti is MIA

So is the 1080

Same for the 1070Ti

Ditto for the 1070, except the Gigabyte external version

And even the GTX 1060 is starting to feel the effects

And on the AMD side, Vega is of course nowhere near the realm of being in stock, and wouldn't even be in the realm of reality if it were

The RX 580 is a no show, even going so far as to affect the combo deals as well

Same story for the RX 570

And yet again even the RX 560 is starting to feel the effects

This is not good for anyone, especially not AMD, because the only cards left are the GTX 1060 and the RX 550, which isn't matchup at all.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ajlueke
Grandmaster

RX 580s are still around in my area, as are GTX 1070s for $429.

pastedImage_0.png

Not sure where the GTX 1080s are.  The Vegas seem to be completely gone.  Stock of the reference models hasn't been refreshed in over a month by some vendors.  I believe this was due to AMD sending the Vega chips to partners for custom cards, but those custom cards seem to be a no show.

0 Likes

None in stock up  here in the frozen north. Found RX 580s for 700-900 bucks on amazon.ca. YIKE!

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

On the subject of Amazon, look at what third party sellers are offering them up there for. But it's not all bad, Lisa Su just sold a million dollars in AMD stock, and with no replacement for Vega this year...Pray for a cryptocurrency mining explosion.

https://wccftech.com/high-end-graphics-card-price-levels-nvidias-gtx-1080-ti-going-for-1599-and-amds...

0 Likes