AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD causing problem with my laptop

Question asked by nathandrake93 on Dec 17, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2018 by olivfr

Cheers everyone,

I decided to sign up to this forum after 2 months trying to figure out why is my laptop stuttering after updating latest AMD drivers. My laptop specs are:

HP Pavilion 15-n051sm notebook

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

4GB RAM

AMD A4-5000 APU with AMD Radeon HD 8330 @ 1366x768

After installing 17.7.2 software, my computer acts strange. It does not work normally as it used to before. The main problem is that my cursor is stuttering (it stops working every 2 seconds and then again it starts, and then stops and so on).I was also thinking,if it has something to do with Synaptic Drivers, so I uninstalled them - no change. My PC has all Windows Updates installed, I check them and install them regularly.  I am not a gamer, all I use this laptop is to connect it with my TV via HDMI cable to watch movies or videos on line. My TV was unable to detect my laptop via hdmi which is why I decided to update software in the first place, as many people suggested.

Also, AMD Radeon settings are not opening up. I did try uninstalling everything with AMD Cleanup Utility and tried installing everything back again (Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1) and the same problem persists. Sometimes laptop screen turns off and on back again (with that Win sound on when new device is added).

I would like to downgrade to some older software edition, but then I am unable to use buttons to increase/decrease brightness, neither I can do it in Windows.

I am not sure if this is a problem with the graphic card driver, or Crismon or ReLive - I am not so familiar with these apps. All I can see is that my computer is not working fine and I would like to ask if there is some option that needs to be turned on or off, anything. Because this driver, I am fine with it - tv recognizes my laptop, I can maximize or minimize brightness with keyboard buttons and in Windows, resolution and colors are great - just these few bugs just drive me crazy.

If there is any more information you might need, let me know. Thanks in advance to anyone trying to help me.

Outcomes