Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

renner
Adept II

RX Vega 64 glitching on the desktop

Howdy,

I've finally managed to get a hold on Vega several days ago. The card in question is Asus ROG Strix 64. First I tried this card on the blockchain driver Beta, and the system was falling apart. But I booted right after removing my previous 480 GPU. So I DDU'd the driver a couple of times with the same results. Horrible glitches, after completing the tests, even followed by system crashes sometimes. I was about to return the card, but I gave it a benefit of the doubt, so I installed the latest Adrenalin driver 17.12.2. It solved these problems.

However, I'm still getting weird glitching sometimes, after exiting some games. It happened 2 times after sessions in Dawn of War 3 (but not after every session), and now after exiting Team Fortress 2. Didn't after some other games, like DE MD, RotTR,, Hitman, and such. First time it disappeared on its own, the other two times I had to restart. It doesn't matter if the HBCC or Enhanced sync are enabled. But Freesync is on. I also didn't experience this with my previous 480 GPU, and a 390 before it. Here's how it looks like:

20180113 230540 - YouTube

The rest of the specs is: 1800X, 2x16GB of RAM, and the Windows 10 pro 64-bit, with the latest updates. Its all on factory settings, not OC-ed.

0 Likes
1 Reply
renner
Adept II

Update: I installed older 17.10.2 drivers, and after two days of intensive testing with games and mining it yielded no issues whatsoever. It seems I'll be staying from the Adrenalin drivers till they are ironed out. Those gave me random system crashes on the desktop with the RX480, and this glitching with the Vega. But interestingly, the blockchain driver worked with no issues on the 480. I don't think its too early to celebrate, but regarding I didn't see any glitching in the usual scenarios, like alt-tab from the Vanquish menu, I guess its fine now. At least I don't have to return the card, because with the current stock the only thing I can get in return is my money.

0 Likes