cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

coraxo
Journeyman III

AMD ReLive and AMD Chill are missing, I need some help!

Hello,

first thing first, I've been having problems with my laptop since I bought it, here is the specifications;

HP 17-022ng.
Processor: AMD A10-9600P RADEON R5, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) (I think it's an APU, not sure though).

Graphics: It was AMD R8 M445DX (I think) when I first bought it, but it changed to either AMD Radeon R7 M440 or AMD Radeon R7 M340 after updates. Right now it's like this;

AMD Radeon R5 Graphics + AMD Radeon R7 M340.
System Memory (RAM): 8 GB, DDR4 , SODIMM, 1866 MHz.
Display: 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz.
IOS: Windows 10 64bit Home.

AMD Radeon R5 specifications: (Primary/Master/Integrated/Switchable), Device ID (9874), Vendor ID (1002), Memory Size (512 MB), Memory Type (DDR4), Memory Clock (933 MHz), Core Clock (720 MHz).
AMD Radeon R7 M340 specifications: (Linked/Discrete/Switchable), Device ID (6900), Vendor ID (1002), Memory Size (4096 MB), Memory Type (DDR3), Memory Clock (900 MHz), Core Clock (1021 MHz).

And I know that R8 M445 is supposed to be R5 + R7 M440 (I think) but it's not the case anymore.

So my first problem is that I'm not sure which Graphics I have, R7 M440 or R7 M340? I tried my best to try and identify which one do I have, and It's no use.
But does it really matter? I tried many drivers and the average FPS I get is too low.

The second problem is I have Radeon Software Version (17.12.1) Adrenalin Edition but the ReLive tap is missing, also AMD Chill feature is missing.
I tried everything from clean installation, to running amddvr64, to AMD Clean up Utility, to Windows full reset, to basically everything. And I'm not exaggerating, I literally searched the internet for solution for weeks. And yet I can't seem to be able to get the ReLive tap to appear.
And yes, I'm aware the at the end of the installation there's an option if I want to install ReLive that appears, but it doesn't appear for me.
I tried old drivers, I tried drivers for APU A10 series, for R8, for R7 M4XX and for R7 M3XX, but there's no use.

Also the overall performance is lower than the expected.
I play mainly League of Legends (which is not very compatible with AMD), at first the perfomance was pure garbage, then I installed Adobe AIR which helped a lot. But what's weird is that the difference in FPS between the highest settings (with vertical sync and anti-aliasing) and the lowest settings (no vertical sync and anti-aliasing) is ONLY 10 FPS. an average of 80 FPS on highest (uncapped) and 90 FPS on lowest (also uncapped).

I tried full screen mod vs boarder-less vs windowed, and I get the highest FPS with full screen.

I also tried Warframe, it barely runs 60 FPS on the lowest settings possible, even on 1366 x (not sure what, sorry) instead of 1920 x 1080.

TL;DR:   1_ AMD ReLive is missing, so is Chill.
              2_ I'm not sure which Graphics I have.
              3_ Performance is lower than it's supposed to be.

P.S I'm not exaggerating a bit when I say I LITERALLY tried everything I could find.
I tried everything in the AMD Radeon Settings, I set the game on maximize perfomance, I tried everything in the Global Settings tab, and also in the games' settings tab.
I set my windows to performance instead of balanced. I set my CPU to run 100% or 99% on lowest and highest.

I have the latest DirectX and the latest Vulkan.
I've tried many more things, that I can't remember now.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you so much in advance!
Coraxo

0 Likes
2 Replies
coraxo
Journeyman III

I forgot to mention two things:

1_ I've bought the laptop from Amazon.de and in the description it said the Graphics were AMD Radeon R7 M440.
2_ I've tried AMD System Monitor and I don't know if it's a bug or the app couldn't detect my GPU, but both GPU's par stays at 0% all the time!

Maybe this can help clear things up.

0 Likes

These features are not supported on laptops.

0 Likes