cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rochyroch909
Journeyman III

Radeon R530 showing up as R7 M440 after software Upgrade - Dual Graphics Laptop

I've got an idea its an OEM Driver issue, but how do I fix it and will it effect my performance?

My Lenovo Ideapad 320 said it came with a A10 CPU with R5 APU built in and a 2GB Radeon R530 dedicated card.

I read about dual graphics on the AMD site and when I downloaded the latest AMD driver the 530 is gone and it tells me I have an R7 M440.  

This was the driver recommended by the AMD website, so should I stick with it or go back to the OEM driver?

I can't tell if its effecting the performance as I only installed games after the driver update.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Graphics cards in laptop computers are customized by the manufacturer to meet their specific design requirements,.

AMD provided reference drivers for laptop products that use a generic Device ID. This has no impact on  performance,

If you want the GPU to appears exactly as specified by the manufacturer, you will need to use drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Graphics cards in laptop computers are customized by the manufacturer to meet their specific design requirements,.

AMD provided reference drivers for laptop products that use a generic Device ID. This has no impact on  performance,

If you want the GPU to appears exactly as specified by the manufacturer, you will need to use drivers provided by the laptop manufacturer.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes