cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mardude
Journeyman III

Attempting to connect ASUS MG28UQ 4K monitor using Displayport to VisionTek RX560 2GB PCIE

Hi There,

So I just got my new VisionTek RX560 2GB PCIE graphics card and having trouble making it work with an 1) ASUS MG28UQ 4K monitor through the Displayport connection.

It did initially work but was not stable. I did try 3 different DisplayPort cables. So I connected a 2nd monitor to the system ... 2) an ASUS VP228H through the HDMI connection.  Now it only recognizes the VP228H (2) monitor. Also am I unable to change the resolution on the MG28UQ monitor in Screen resolution [ It is greyed out]. The VP228H has a recommended resolution of 1920 x 1080 . The MG28UQ can go up to as high as 3840 x 2160.

Another note Device Manager sees both monitors as  "Generic PnP Monitor".

My PC has an ASUSTek P6T motherboard running an Intel Core i7 950 processor running at 3.07Ghz and 24GB of Corsair DDR3 RAM running in Triple Channel mode.

I have installed the latest recommended versions of the drivers for both the monitor and the graphics card.

UPDATE:  I connected an HDMI cable to the MG28UQ monitor and it is working fine at the same resolution as the other monitor, although I can increase the resolution through the HDMI connection.

Thanks,

Mario

Message was edited by: Mario Disipio

0 Likes
0 Replies