cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gaross
Adept I

Using AMD Ryzen Master for the first time. My RAM is 3200Mhz. Should memory clock in AMD Ryzen Master speed be set to 1600Mhz?

Using AMD Ryzen Master for the first time. My RAM is 3200Mhz. Should memory clock in AMD Ryzen Master speed be set to 1600Mhz?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for your help.

RAM has always been set in BIOS to 3200Mhz; AMD Ryzen Master indicates it's 667Mhz. HWiNFO64 v5.70-3300 software says RAM running @ 1596.6Mhz, timing 16-18-18-36 with a total of 16Gb of RAM which is accurate, so there's some sort of quirk with AMD Ryzen Master. It should read what is set in BIOS.

The trick is understanding how AMD Ryzen Master actually works. When the PC boots up the AMD Ryzen Master defaults to basic settings; no OC.

Selecting a Saved preset will restore your OC settings but will require a PC restart. Once booted back into the desktop those AMD Ryzen Master OC adjustments are active. The saved preset locks into 1600Mhz & CPU OC @ 3.8Ghz & works just fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Memory speed should be set in BIOS, not a software program.

0 Likes

Understood. But, why the memory clock slider in the first place if not to adjust something?

0 Likes

Same reason there are sliders on the CPU clocks, you can adjust it in software, but you really should do it in BIOS.

0 Likes

Thanks for your help.

RAM has always been set in BIOS to 3200Mhz; AMD Ryzen Master indicates it's 667Mhz. HWiNFO64 v5.70-3300 software says RAM running @ 1596.6Mhz, timing 16-18-18-36 with a total of 16Gb of RAM which is accurate, so there's some sort of quirk with AMD Ryzen Master. It should read what is set in BIOS.

The trick is understanding how AMD Ryzen Master actually works. When the PC boots up the AMD Ryzen Master defaults to basic settings; no OC.

Selecting a Saved preset will restore your OC settings but will require a PC restart. Once booted back into the desktop those AMD Ryzen Master OC adjustments are active. The saved preset locks into 1600Mhz & CPU OC @ 3.8Ghz & works just fine.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes