Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ianw75
Journeyman III

No Update Available via Radeon Settings Crimson ReLive Edition

All,

I haven't been able to update my AMD software via the Radeon Settings utility for a number of months now.  I used to get notifications of software updates but no longer. I think I can trace it back to the time of the last major Windows update. Does anyone have any idea how to get that functionality back?

My card is an RX 480 and the software version is 17.7 (Crimson ReLive):

Radeon Settings Utility.PNG

Also, If I upgrade to the Adrenalin version should I first uninstall all of the existing AMD software or just do a straight upgrade over the existing Crimson ReLive version?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I would suggest a Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

There has been the wattman api change earlier, and the new additions/changes.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dreamager
Adept III

I noticed my update button had disappeared once. It turned out that windows had sneakily updated my gfx driver from windows update without me noticing. I went in to Device Manager and did a rollback and it reappeared again

0 Likes

Doesn't look like I've the option of doing that...

DeviceDriver.PNG

Am I best uninstalling the AMD software via control panel and reinstalling the new Adrenalin version?

0 Likes

I would suggest a Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

There has been the wattman api change earlier, and the new additions/changes.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Did a clean install and installed the Adrenalin version. So far so good.

Cheers.

0 Likes

The link in AMD Driver Help Portal​  , may help with working out some of the settings options.

0 Likes

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes