cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

benchart
Adept III

What would you love to see on the next Big Driver update?

So the question it is exactly that.
AMD Radeon settings have been innovating a lot regarding software.
All users have now, enhanced sync, we all have relive with multiple option and an overlay.
Amazing stuff.

But I'm pretty sure there is always room for improvements.
And I'm very curious to understand what the AMD Community would love to see new, or revamped.

Let's start with my own opinion.
1. Improvements on FRTC: I think AMD should improve it's FRTC, it acts in a different way than most framerate locker software, since it can be a little bit variable.
For example we set it to 62FPS, but many times we see the framerate bouncing from 61-63.
RTSS for example when applied a lock of 62FPS, it remains at 62FPS, giving a more smoother experience than AMD FRTC.

2. Add Poors Adaptive Vsync with multiple options:

We have recieved Enhanced Sync recently which is a response to the "Green Team" Fast-sync, altough it is better.
Enhanced sync prevents tearing when the framerate it is above the refresh rate, and when it is above the refresh rate, it sacrifices the Vsync to provide better response times.
So, Enhanced Sync works like "Green's Team" adaptive vsync and Fast sync at the same time.
But..
I would love to have options to exclusivelly use the adaptive vsync solution, instead of a mix of Enhanced sync + adaptive vsync.
I mean, options for locking the game at 60FPS (with Vsync ON) and when it drops automatically disables the vsync.
I would love to have 2 options of that, one for the full refresh rate (Assuming you have a 60HZ Monitor, the Full Refresh would lock to 60fps), and a half refresh solution too (assuming you have a 60HZ Monitor, the Half refresh solution would lock to 30FPS).

3. Better relive editing tools:

Relive added recently some basic tools for trim videos and stuff like that.
Altough for the users that have the microphone sound being recorded to a separate file, it seems that the editor don't merge them.
It would be better if the Relive editor would get both video, and microphone sound and merge both of them together, so we could trim it or/and control the audio of both files.

4. Continuing pushing the DX11 Optimization:

The "Green Team" have a big advantage in CPU Bound games due to a better optimized DX11 Overhead footprint.
AMD have been revamping this each branch, so I would still love this work to continue.

5. Flip Queue manual control:
AMD have been doing a great job with the automatic/per-profile Flip Queue, since I've never had problems with this stuff.
But, nonetheless, I would still love to see this option added to the global settings and game-profiles with the "AMD Optimized" option or a manual value at our choice.

6. Better laptop support:

I'm not a laptop user, but I've been visiting this community now for 2 days, and most of the complains come from the laptops.
Most of the market are now laptops, so a better support on the laptop would leave more people happy with their AMD Products, and wouldn't run away to the other side so easily.

And the last one:
7. Tuning the overlay:

I would love to have some simple costumization things for the overlay, like an update info below the 1000ms, adjust colors of the labels, transparency, size of it and position.
This would be really cool, altough not really important for me though.

That's it.
And you guys, what would you love too see new or improved on the radeon settings?

3 Replies
mphuz
Adept II

Radeon Software features that I want to see in the future:

• Radeon Software for Linux
  • Radeon Wattman for all GCN cards
  • Radeon ReLive for VR & OpenGL
  • Radeon Chill for OpenGL
  • Enhanced Sync for OpenGL
  • Radeon Overlay: to provide the user with more fine-tuning. Add more metrics; Enable/disable semi-transparent background; Change the color of the text; Add frame-time graph.
  • VSync/VSync+Triple Buffering for DirectX 9/10/11/12 & Vulkan
  • FRTC for all API
  • Radeon Software redisign: with every great release program getting worse to use. Tile design is absolutely not suitable. The tiles are getting bigger (10-15 pieces each), and the inclusion of individual functions adds a few more tiles and from this you get more confused. Need more time to think about the design now!!!
  • Improved icon in the tray. Add more settings or instantaneous transitions in certain options (Relive, Connect, etc.). Adding the button is completely out of the program! Now to close the program only by removing the tasks in the "Task Manager". Hate it!
  • Improve the process of updating the driver: I don't know if that's possible, but it would be great if AMD would provide an opportunity to update components drivers Radeon Software separately!

Example: AMD developers have prepared updates of the Vulkan driver, which contains big improvements or Hot Fix for any game. BUT! According to plan, the driver package (WHQL or Optional) comes out in a week or two.. Why gamers wait for a long time or just download a whole package of drivers (300-500 MB) to solve one problem? Instead, a gamer can update a component separately through the special Radeon Software tab, without downloading the entire driver package! Wanted to update Vulkan driver? OK! Update the audio driver? No problem! The add/edit CrossFire profiles? A piece of cake! This system should not replace the existing driver packages, it should complement!

dimi1606
Adept II

I'd love to see the repeatedly reported black screen/signal loss issues fixed instead of adding more fancy monitoring software. There are so many issues that prevent a large number of people (especially owners of RX 4xx/5xx cards) from playing or working. Instead of fixing those issues, they simply ignore them and develop performance overlays that no one needs.

0 Likes
jakslap
Challenger

love to see more performance optimisation for DX11 titles and other games in general like GTAV and the witcher. I remember when i had a GTX260, when BF3 came out Nvidia released about 3 driver updates that actually increased performance for that particular game. i would love to see that implemented for AAA titles when they are released.

NVIDIA DRIVERS 285.62WHQL

NVIDIA DRIVERS 285.58WHQL

0 Likes