cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

motoko
Journeyman III

Radeon R9 290x no longer recognized by PC after removal

My GPU completely crashes on one game only and any attempt to fix it didn't help, and I believe updating to the newest driver had a negative effect. So I recently took out my GPU and blew some air through it and when I returned it to the computer I got a black screen. I'm running on internal graphics and have been for two days trying to find out what to do. I've reset my BIOS and searched device manager for hidden devices, there is no AMD GPU to be found. My motherboard isn't recognizing it either and says the slot that it's in is empty. When attempting to update my driver I got an "Error 173" which means I either have an incorrect driver installed or that I'm trying to install an incorrect driver. I then ran DDU which supposedly removed all AMD drivers off of my computer. Now when I try to download a driver for it it says there is no AMD GPU detected and either closes itself or tells me to "Follow the steps of the manufacturer". When I put the disk that came with the GPU in the computer it says to download the latest drivers from your website and redirects me to the page I've been using this entire time. The GPU is running and the fan is going but nothing I do can get my computer to detect it. I've tried nearly all options I've found while sitting here. Please help.

0 Likes
4 Replies
motoko
Journeyman III

Here's my specs: AMD Radeon R9 290x, Desktop, Windows 7 64 bit, Most recent AMD driver (Since uninstalled), MSI MB, I7 4770k, XFX Pro 750W PSU, 24 GB RAM

0 Likes

By any chance, did you remove and reinstalled your GPU card while the computer was still on power?

Try your GPU card in another computer to see if it recognizes it or if your motherboard has another PCIe slot that is compatible with your GPU Card.

0 Likes

No, I always make sure everything is completely powered down. I put another GPU I've had under my bed for 6 years and it worked instantly. I'm afraid it's dead, and AMD has lost a customer for life.

0 Likes

так могло произайти изза сноса биоса видеокарты попробуй найти биос  с неё и прошей из под виндовс

0 Likes