cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

matszpk
Adept III

Running OpenCL on RX VEGA on Ivy Bridge with AMDGPU-PRO

Hi. I have some doubts about running OpenCL on Radeon RX VEGA under older processors (like my Core i5 3470 (Ivy bridge) that does not support required features by ROCm platform) under Linux. I know that new AMDGPU-PRO drivers incorporates some components from ROCm platform to deliver OpenCL driver. Does this ROCm component is required to run OpenCL application on RX VEGA? If yes, does this ROCm component can be run on older processors (like my processor)? When OpenCL will be more usable under Linux and RX VEGA? There are my question. I am planning to buy RX VEGA for computing (BOINC, mining or other computing) and I would like to know whether RX VEGA computing is possible on my system. Due to lacks on my processor I can not run ROCm on my system.

3 Replies
matszpk
Adept III

Does anybody try OpenCL on VEGA on the Linux with AMDGPU-PRO drivers? Does anybody know how it is working?

0 Likes

Did you buy a Vega and did you test this?

I am testting i7-4770K and i7-4790K based platforms with R9 Nano on latest AMD-GPU-PRO driver if that is any help to you.

Bye.

0 Likes
bridgman
Staff

Vega OpenCL in AMDGPU-PRO has required support for PCIE atomics (ie newer HW), but I believe starting with the next release you should be able to run OpenCL on Vega without requiring PCIE atomic.

0 Likes