cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I use ICC compiled binaries on EPYC

Can I compile programs using the Intel C Compiler and run them on an EPYC processor?  If not, what compilers do I need to use?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Options can be set with the compiler to enable certain sets of instructions. If you don't enable any Intel-specific instructions, then the application should work fine. If you did enable any Intel-specific instructions, then you can expect your application to crash if or when those instructions are called. Most compilers work the same way.

Using gcc, you can enable architecture-specific optimizations for AMD, or you can enable them for Intel, or you can compile with options set to allow portability between the two.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Options can be set with the compiler to enable certain sets of instructions. If you don't enable any Intel-specific instructions, then the application should work fine. If you did enable any Intel-specific instructions, then you can expect your application to crash if or when those instructions are called. Most compilers work the same way.

Using gcc, you can enable architecture-specific optimizations for AMD, or you can enable them for Intel, or you can compile with options set to allow portability between the two.

0 Likes