2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2018 8:57 AM by theacclaimed

PC Shutting Down While Gaming-  RX Vega 64 + 1950x

seondo

I recently upgraded my PC

My current build is made up of a 1000 watt powersupply from corsair, RX Vega 64 liquid cooled, ROG Zenith Extreme board, Ryzen threadripper 1950x and 16GB of DDR4 Ram at 3600Mhz

I've been having issues with the PC just flat out shutting down on me, first I decided to try finish assassins creed syndicate and the PC just shuts down on me

I tried playing assassins creed origins, get to one point and bang the PC just shuts down again

Started to play Ghost recon wildlands, runs absolutely fine

now I started playing dead rising 4 and yet again around a cut scene my pc just shuts down

could anyone give me an idea if this is known issues? I saw that Origins was having issues with 32 core PC's, I went to ubisoft for support and they've got me installing sound drivers and gpu drivers again which i've done but its the same issue?

Cheers

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Computer crashing
          black_zion

A shutdown is caused by a safety being tripped. What happens when you run Prime95 or Furmark?

• Re: PC Shutting Down While Gaming-  RX Vega 64 + 1950x
            theacclaimed

Did you ever figure out a solution to this. I am experiencing the issue when playing PUBG. While playing the match, randomly during the match the entire computer will shut off. Afterwards, pressing the power button will not turn the computer back on. I have to flip the switch on the back of the PSU off and on to get the computer to restart.

I currently have the following test system:

GPU: RX Vega 64

CPU: Ryzen 1800X

Mobo: MSI X370 XPOWER Gaming Titanium (latest bios)

RAM: 16gb 2933mhz

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 1000W

I'm thinking of getting a 1200 or even 1500 watt PSU for RX Vega 64 since this never was happening when using the old R9 Fury. Playing PUBG at 1440p 144Hz freesync I see power consumption over 600 watts from the wall measuring with a Kill-A-Watt from Fry's. Maybe the Seasonic cannot handle the load spikes but I doubt they go over 800 watts so a 1000w should be sufficient.