AnsweredAssumed Answered

Does FX-8350 Support SSE4.1?

Question asked by bestrafung on Dec 5, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2017 by amdmatt

My faithful Phenom II x4 recently lost some pins (my fault, not a manufacturing issue) and I was looking to upgrade. Originally I was going to go with a Phenom II x6 1100t so I could keep the mainboard and makes things simple; until I learned that the Phenom II family doesn't support SSE4.1, only SSE4a. I have a software program I use for work that requires SSE4.1 that I currently run on my under-powered laptop, which of course uses an Intel processor . I have done some research and can get a FX-8350 and full ATX mainboard, both new, for only $25 more than the used Phenom II x6 I was previously looking at. I just need to know whether or not it has SSE4.1 support. If not, what is the cheapest AM3/AM3+ CPU (preferably over 3.5GHz and 6-core or better) that does, or is SSE4.1 only supported by Intel? Sorry for all the questions but I looked for hours and couldn't find a list of instruction set compatibility, this used to be a major marketing thing in the past but it seems nobody cares anymore.

Outcomes