I have had this problem over 6 months (at least from 16.12.1 drivers) all ready and I have submitted a ticket concerning this but there hasn't been any answers or solutions on my problem.
When I put my ASUS VG278 with 1920*1080 resolution (DVI connection) to 144hz the whole screen goes static.
I have updated to latest 17.9.1 drivers and the problem STILL exists! How can this be possible?
You can read my specs below, first I feel the need to rant a bit..
There are few posts on your forums from other users too and I bet most who have the problem don't have the time and patience to write on your forums.
Posts I quickly found with same issue (no resolution on any of these):
@Marcothedwarf: RX480 Grey Screen (always after startup)
@Hasdrubal: Static/white noise screen after waking up from sleep (not so bad)
I can only use my current GPU by lowering the refresh rate to 120hz but this is not the way I imaged this card to work.
I never had any issues with my old NVIDIA GTX 660 ti or in the matter of fact, I've had never any issues with graphics cards other than with this one!
In the beginning when I had even older drivers than 16.12.1 the screen worked with 144hz but after Win10 forced to update the drivers to that version the problem started.
For the love of God can you fix this issue? Do you test your drivers with monitors over 120hz? Please even have the decency to answers the tickets which people send to you.
Absolutely garbage customer service! Let's see how this post goes...
Describe your system:
- AMD Graphics Card
- Strix RX480 OC 8gb
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Operating System
- Windows 10 64bit
- Driver version installed
- Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.1
- Display Devices
- ASUS VG278 1920*1080@144hz - DVI
- Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z87-HD3
- Intel Core i5-4670K
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- Don't remember the brand, 450W
Describe your issue:
- Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
- Installing the latest graphics drivers. After installation is complete and the last "screen refresh" occurs everything goes static.
- Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
- Everything, as soon as I'm out of BIOS screen and Windows log-in screen should appear it goes static.
- Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
- If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue