AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to get Ryzen without RMA problem (in france)

Question asked by newin on Sep 3, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2017 by constantinx

Hello,

I'm an indie Game Developper working on every OS (Windows, MacOS and 2 different linux including gentoo) and I would like change my PC to increase my productivity.

The problem is that as an Developper I will have to compile a lot so I will have this problem:

gcc segmentation faults on Ryzen / Linux

Gentoo Forums :: View topic - Segfaults during compilation on AMD Ryzen.

I thought it was old enought to be sure I will have a UA1725+ if I order one now but I had a UA1716 so I returned it to amazon immediatly...

My question is: How to I get a Ryzen with the RMA remplacement ?

As professional I'm interested and open to both Ryzen and Ryzen pro as long as it has the RMA remplacement.

I tried to to into stores and ask for a Ryzen7 and check week of production (fortunately we can see the processor on the package) but everything is under UA1716 (so they will cause segv in my builds).

Note: the amd.com website is inconsistent about Ryzen Pro you can find a page saying "notify me when it's available" implying that it isn't yet: Ryzen™ PRO Processors | AMD

and another AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 1700 | AMD saying it's available since "29/06/2017".

PS: I'm also interested on the procedure to get engineering samples if that's possible

Outcomes