10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2017 7:39 AM by rebelyell

1800X + AB350-Gaming 3 - Can't Achieve 3200Mhz Memory Speed

groundzero

Ha guys, long story short... day of release I bought this AMD Ryzen CPU (complete system).

Up untill today full memory speed (as it was advertised with! 2300MHz memory) is still not support... why the hell you sell it then?

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. AB350-Gaming 3-CF (AM4)

16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX K2

Using the latest BIOS et cetera... but everytime I use AMD Ryzen Master and set my memory to 1600MHz (Dual boot and thus 3200MHz) ny system restarts 6 times only to set itself back to 1000MHz memory frequency.

I tried all kind of multiplier settings from other people but nothing is working. Does someone know how I can get my 3200MHz as advertised out of this and if so, could you please, please, please tell me step-for-step how to do it? I have been trying for months now and it is really getting frustrating.

I tought, I buy 3200MHz and thats it, it works out of the box, but I didnt know you had to "overclock" it your self sigh. The different (for me) in some games and programs are super high i.e. the difference between 60 or 90 frames thats why I want to get the max out of it

Hope someone can help me out.

P.S. since the last BIOS update, the bios is almost unhandable... its laggy as hell... how can you make something so worse Gigabyte... !? I press "left" and literally 12 seconds later it goes left... cant work with the BIOS the way it is now...

Best regards

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.